• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What's up?

Hawkeye515

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
So I know this has been asked before, and I've looked at a TON of threads, but I have to ask... which one do you folks recommend? I hear the fit for the original Bestop (w/windows) isn't great for the 3rd gen Tacomas. Is this the case? I like the idea of having windows, but if fitment is sacrificed, I'd just as soon do without windows. Any advice would be incredibly appreciated.

I actually like the 2nd version of the Bestop better than the Softopper. Have also heard about fitment issues with the first Bestop version.

Personally I'd only get the first Bestop if it was superrrrrr cheap. Otherwise, I don't think you can go wrong with Softopper or Bestop 2.

Thanks! I actually ordered the Bestop 2. I just like the look of that one better.

Back