• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What should I do?

FrappuccinoTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
15929571702114739794939747718111.jpg

I recently bought a 17 tdr sport and I'm wondering what to do to her. I'm interested in y'alls advice on the mods you value most. Sorry if I shouldn't be making this post

It all depends on your goals for the vehicle? The first thing I suggest is re-gear to either 4.88 or 5.29!

Get rid of the bull bar on the front. Decreases approach angle and ads useless weight.

then add a hidden winch behind the bumper, followed by a leitner designs bed rack system :) (that what I'm doing)

It all depends on your goals for the vehicle? The first thing I suggest is re-gear to either 4.88 or 5.29!

What kind of terrain (on and off road) do you live near?
What kind of terrain will you encounter off road and do you plan on going off road, overlanding often?
Do you camp? Do you plan to?
Do you need the bed for work? Tools?
Are there other trucks you like the look of? What do you like about them?
What kind of build style are you going for?
Are you coming from another truck or suv? If so what'd you use that one for and what did you like / dislike about it?
Why'd you buy the Taco? :)

Knowing these things will certainly help you prioritize the mods you buy and when you buy them.

Back