• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you broke?

Tacomadad18

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Just as simple as that.

What have you broken on your 3rd gen? More or less interested in hearing about what part failed or how far it was pushed before it failed. To be honest I have not heard of a lot l, except for a few rare cases where something broke on their 3rd gen.

Being my first Toyota, I have to say I am impressed. Just this past weekend I went out to a local park and beat on the truck a little. It held its own, it out wheeled a Rubicon and a Cherokee (4.5 lift, 33’s). But, I did not break anything. I used to snap u joints, “s” bend the leaf springs on the Cherokee’s when I went out. I’m not looking to tear my 30k dollar truck up... but I’m curious if anyone else has.

Show pics too ?

Last edited:
Just as simple as that.

What have you broken on your 3rd gen? More or less interested in hearing about what part failed or how far it was pushed before it failed. To be honest I have not heard of a lot l, expect for a few cases where something broke on their 3rd gen.

Being my first Toyota, I have to say I am impressed. Just this past weekend I went out to a local park and beat on the truck a little. It held its own, it out wheeled a Rubicon and a Cherokee (4.5 lift, 33’s). But, I did not break anything. I used to snap u joints, “s” bend the leaf springs on the Cherokee’s when I went out. I’m not looking to tear my 30k dollar truck up... but I’m curious if anyone else has.

Show pics too ?
This is my 4th Tacoma and I have nothing to report as being broken on any of them...

Besides some body damage that is probably some of the worst in the 3rd gen world, I’ve completely busted my rear driveshaft from a trip to Big Bear and also broken down on the highway from a snapped serpentine belt from too much mud caked onto it.

I hate me.

I broke some bolt holes. I gots to much torques in these guns. Gunna have to fix a few of them very soon

Besides some body damage that is probably some of the worst in the 3rd gen world, I’ve completely busted my rear driveshaft from a trip to Big Bear and also broken down on the highway from a snapped serpentine belt from too much mud caked onto it.

I hate me.

I figured you had the most carnage. Lol. Well it’s still not as bad a the stuff I’m used to breaking in the jeeps.

I, like you, look to see what will break. I am not up to speed on armor yet so I’m taking it easy, as Id rather break a axle than have dents all over ?. The time will come

Taillight ones. Tailgate ones. Third brake light ones. Lol

Crossthreaded a few in the engine bay.

Ouch. Them little ones will get ya.

Case in point: My dad is a die hard Craftsman lover. I told him the new stuff sucks. He said but it’s Craftsman.... bought a new set, used it to install the light bar behind the grille annndddd snap. Broke the 3/8 ratchet ??

Back