• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What are you doing this weekend?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Since weekends tend to occur on a weekly basis, and we all love them, I figured a thread to talk about our weekend plans would make sense.

Regardless of how unimportant it might be, share your weekend plans or what you did!

Yesterday: Mostly spent the day on the computer doing T3G things and some real-life administrative stuff. For example, my tax return was rejected because "The IRS is rejecting your return because your Prior Year AGI or PIN doesn't match the IRS records.", which also happened to me last year. Doesn't make sense.

Today: Probably more T3G stuff on the computer because my truck is sitting under a tarp with a big hole in the camper's roof because one of the new Maxxair fans we installed is broken, lol.

Went to visit the in laws yesterday and played a lot of state of survival. Today I’m chillin. Gotta prepare for another long work week.

Yes. Free to play but you can definitely spend a lot of money on upgrading your stuff.
I've never played phone games in my history of having a smart phone. But recently I downloaded some to try for when we're in remote areas with no service for multiple days. I haven't been able to really get into any of them though. And I find the app stores to be hard to browse because of all the absolute garbage mixed in.

I've never played phone games in my history of having a smart phone. But recently I downloaded some to try for when we're in remote areas with no service for multiple days. I haven't been able to really get into any of them though. And I find the app stores to be hard to browse because of all the absolute garbage mixed in.
Definitely a lot of garbage to sort through. I saw an ad for state of survival in one of the garbage games. 2 years and a few hundred bucks later I’m still playing. Lol

Yesterday I trimmed a mulberry tree that's been trying to consume my truck's parking spot. It's less of a leafy cave now. Then I worked on bending jigs to make insect nets. With the main supplier of entomology gear in the US gone I'm getting into equipment manufacturing out of necessity. I also have the urge to start installing my onboard air stuff but we'll see.

You feel like you don’t use it enough to justify it?
Actually, I'm sure I'd use it every trip down dirt roads. I'm just being lazy! It's going to be a bit of work since I'm cobbling the system together from random stuff, not a kit. But every time I go into the mountains I scold myself for not installing it. With these new tires I definitely should to get the most out of them.

I found this site because my 2017 Tacoma SR5 is leaking water in passenger wheel well. I found a bunch of how-to videos on youtube, most created by hacks. I will report back once I clear it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-150903_Aura.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-150903_Aura.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 66
Actually, I'm sure I'd use it every trip down dirt roads. I'm just being lazy! It's going to be a bit of work since I'm cobbling the system together from random stuff, not a kit. But every time I go into the mountains I scold myself for not installing it.
Ha, this is me, 100%. I had a Switch-Pro new in box, that I let sit in my garage for 2 years. I sold it on this forum for $550 because I realized I don't care/want/need it enough to stop being lazy. I recently installed my Anytime Backup Camera that also sat in my garage for over a year. I've had a winch in my bumper for over 3 years but I never finished the install, so it's just sitting there, not wired to the truck.

I found this site because my 2017 Tacoma SR5 is leaking water in passenger wheel well. I found a bunch of how-to videos on youtube, most created by hacks. I will report back once I clear it.
Let us know what the issue was. Also, nice sticker setup on the topper.

Bath time... but I missed out on the spring cleaning ROTM submission, so I'm posting it here.
New foam cannon and pressure washer.

Attachments

• Foam Cannon.jpg
    Foam Cannon.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Foam Cannon2.jpg
    Foam Cannon2.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Rinse.jpg
    Rinse.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 52
Did some fishing Friday and Saturday. Idk why I’m holding the fish like it’s my first time 🤦‍♂️😂. It’s nice to be back out now that the weather is nice. And started a fish woodworking project. It’ll be a serving tray/cutting board. Going to try my hand at throwing some epoxy on part of it.

CD1E2DF2-9CEB-4FB8-9CB6-15D03FBCA3AD.jpeg
EC8BD6E4-7C81-44B7-9F74-9422DDE66FE5.jpeg

Bath time... but I missed out on the spring cleaning ROTM submission, so I'm posting it here.
New foam cannon and pressure washer.
Do you want to add your photo? I haven’t had a chance to create the voting thread yet. I can add yours.

Regardless of how unimportant it might be, share your weekend plans or what you did!
Got an axle dump mbrp exhaust coming in, got it for a steal, someone's selling parts off their truck locally. I need it, too. My mbrp has a huge hole behind the muffler and the whole things more rust than steel.

Been toying with the idea of wrapping my exhaust in header heat-wrap, since it's so close to my spare and some other wiring.

That's my Saturday, probably.

Ok guys, someone recommended blowing air into the ac drain tube on the passengerside wheel well. I was concerned that might cause the blockage to move up further into the tube. I have a very small end piece that I put on the my wet/dry vac. I couldn't access the tube from the underside without removing things.
Being that it's Sunday, I knew I'd break something with the dealer parts department being closed (murphys law) I lifted the hood, geez could it be any heavier? I put the shop vac on top of the engine. Got on a ladder, with a flashlight in one hand and the shop vac hose in the other, I got the hose end over the drain, turned on the shop vac and dislodged the clog. About a cup of water came out. I feel confident it's clear. I'll find out next time I'm driving out and about. I love my Tacoma.

Cleaned up the truck and got the rtt's ready for our MT trip next week. Shot my new 10mm (Glock 20). Rounded on my post op cabgx5 and a stomach perforation patient. Church. Sunday afternoon nap. Steaks on the grill.

For being in call, it has been a perfect weekend.

Attachments

• D5DAE321-3098-41F8-B43F-7288EB148332.jpeg
    D5DAE321-3098-41F8-B43F-7288EB148332.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 54
  • BD72F5B8-1C81-4B25-96BE-98F691EC7FCB.jpeg
    BD72F5B8-1C81-4B25-96BE-98F691EC7FCB.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 47
Cleaned up the truck and got the rtt's ready for our MT trip next week. Shot my new 10mm (Glock 20). Rounded on my post op cabgx5 and a stomach perforation patient. Church. Sunday afternoon nap. Steaks on the grill.

For being in call, it has been a perfect weekend.
Gotta love shooting a glock. Prayers for your full recovery.

All dried off now with the Montana Big Sky backdrop.

Attachments

• PXL_20220516_014135435.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220516_014135435.MP.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20220516_014153584.jpg
    PXL_20220516_014153584.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 54
Trying to sketch out where I am going to put my Diode Dynamics SSC-1 on my new Artec Industries 3G Venture rear bumper.

Attachments

• Bumper DD Light.jpg
    Bumper DD Light.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 45
Gotta love shooting a glock. Prayers for your full recovery.
Thanks. I'm doing great, I'm a heart surgeon :cool:, so thanks for praying, but pray for my patient :) (you can pray for me too, always appreciated)

Ok guys, someone recommended blowing air into the ac drain tube on the passengerside wheel well. I was concerned that might cause the blockage to move up further into the tube. I have a very small end piece that I put on the my wet/dry vac. I couldn't access the tube from the underside without removing things.
Being that it's Sunday, I knew I'd break something with the dealer parts department being closed (murphys law) I lifted the hood, geez could it be any heavier? I put the shop vac on top of the engine. Got on a ladder, with a flashlight in one hand and the shop vac hose in the other, I got the hose end over the drain, turned on the shop vac and dislodged the clog. About a cup of water came out. I feel confident it's clear. I'll find out next time I'm driving out and about. I love my Tacoma.
Nice job. I bet it was satisfying seeing the vacuum actually fix the issue which was a clog, rather than the vacuum not doing anything and you having to troubleshoot deeper. And yes, it’s one of the heaviest hoods I’ve ever opened.

Back