• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Welcome to the Tacoma3G.com 2.0 live beta and our new homepage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
forumlogosi.png

3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G 2.0 {v2.0 Beta}

Big news! The Tacoma3G website and brand are undergoing a massive overhaul! I'm taking our community to the next level by completely redesigning the website, creating a new logo, implementing a bunch of new member features and quality of life changes, adding a proper website homepage (as opposed to it being the forum), and more. I started the project around October 2020 and if you've been following along, you might've seen some previews of the changes already. If not, well, you're currently looking at the new homepage and one version of the redesign right now.

I have a lot of work ahead of me before we are close to seeing the final product. What you're looking at right now is a rough beta version that will inevitably have bugs and placeholder items that might seem out of... place. However, finding those bugs is a good thing from my perspective; that's actually why I'm launching a live beta for everyone to use early (if they chose to). The more people that choose to use the new design early, the better. As long as you help me out and share your feedback in our ongoing T3G 2.0 feedback thread on the forum.

A few things I want to be clear about:
  • The logo and the empty header of the website are still placeholders. There was a lot of feedback about improving them and I agree with most of it. I haven't forgotten, I just haven't got to it yet.
  • You are currently viewing the Dark version of our Barcelona Red style. This is the only color I have ready right now but all of the original colors are coming back. Likewise, they'll all still have their Dark and Light versions eventually. A Light version of Barcelona Red is a high priority right now so we at least have one Dark and one Light to choose from.
  • Like I mentioned before, there are a lot of design and general features missing or not final. That includes the color shading in some areas.
  • You can essentially opt out of this beta and switch back to any of the old designs right now, if you'd like. Use the 'REPAINT THE WEBSITE' link at the top or bottom of the website to select one of the old styles.

There will be many new features and systems implemented over the next few months. One of the major additions is this new homepage and the content that will be on it. I intend have a variety of articles posted to the homepage on a semi-regular basis. Some article topics will include (but are not limited to): interviews/truck builds, tutorials, recommendations, Tacoma news, videos, and member created content. This is the first article and an example of how the articles will display on your screen. However, and this is my favorite part -- all articles are integrated with the forum and can be commented on by members, the same way you would a forum thread.

The next handful of articles are queued up to be posted soon. If you have suggestions for content you would enjoy reading here, or you have a cool Tacoma/off-roading background and are interesting in being interviewed, please let me know by commenting this article (or send me a private message if you prefer).

*To enter the comment section of an article, click the title of the article at the top as you would for a forum thread.

I hope you guys are stoked on what is coming to T3G in 2021!

test

Last edited:
(brutally honest)
I like it, But I dont. Feels Weird.
But nevertheless its a good place to start, it feels like there is too many broken lines while the old site seems to flow better. hate the font, makes it look old. Too dark, (dark theme on the old version is perfect IMO)
All in all, It is just a beta.

(brutally honest)
I like it, But I dont. Feels Weird.
But nevertheless its a good place to start, it feels like there is too many broken lines while the old site seems to flow better. hate the font, makes it look old. Too dark, (dark theme on the old version is perfect IMO)
All in all, It is just a beta.
I do agree actually. It’s too dark and overall it doesn’t feel right to use. I feel like I’ve been forcing myself to like it over the last few weeks. I’m going to completely revise it to look almost the same as the old ones. Same font, same color tones, etc. But it will have the support for the other new features that the old ones don’t really have. I think this will be a much better route to take.

I do agree actually. It’s too dark and overall it doesn’t feel right to use. I feel like I’ve been forcing myself to like it over the last few weeks. I’m going to completely revise it to look almost the same as the old ones. Same font, same color tones, etc. But it will have the support for the other new features that the old ones don’t really have. I think this will be a much better route to take.
Hey Tyler,
I completely agree, taking an old version and improving it can be much easier and less stressful and just re doing it all together.

Hey Tyler,
I completely agree, taking an old version and improving it can be much easier and less stressful and just re doing it all together.
Absolutely. This one has been stressful and I’ve never been sure about it. It is a drastic change.

I am actually looking forward to being able to reuse our original colors so I can focus more on the website features and less on the visual design.

Let me know if you weren’t able to figure out how to manually revert back to the old ones.

Everyone should be switched back to the old design while I work on the next attempt.

Not a huge deal, but it takes a few extra clicks to get to the forum. It'd be nice for the home page to go directly to the forum, since that's about all I come here for :)

Not a huge deal, but it takes a few extra clicks to get to the forum. It'd be nice for the home page to go directly to the forum, since that's about all I come here for :)
I just switched it back. It will go to the forum automatically now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back