• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

WASH? SELF WASH or CARWASH

OAPTACOMA

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
What do yall recommend, to wash your tacoma on your own or go to a carwash instead?

I wash and do my own detail work at home. Most carwashes don't maintain the automatic brushes meaning they pickup crud from other vehicles and buff it into your paint causing those unsightly paint swirls. They are also notorious for destroying windshield wipers, antennas, offroad lights ect.

If I want to spend less than 30 minutes on cleaning the truck I just hit one of the car wash stalls. It’s better than the drive through car wash since the automated systems can ruin my rack and other things on the truck. Hope that helps!

If I want to spend less than 30 minutes on cleaning the truck I just hit one of the car wash stalls. It’s better than the drive through car wash since the automated systems can ruin my rack and other things on the truck. Hope that helps!
Good point! I like the diy car wash stalls allot. Sometimes I'll bring a bucket with some soap in it as well as my own sponge so I don't have to use the beat up brushes they have.

Yeah I do the same. Some of them even have the RV stalls with stairs so it’s easier to clean the top of the truck:)

Always wash by hand when ever possible. Your truck will stay nicer. I am saying this providing you have a hose and place to wash your truck. If not the next best thing is a DIY wash.These I usually use in the winter just to rinse the salt off.

I wash & detail my truck by myself. Once's in awhile I'll take it to the self car wash to get most of the dirt off and my engine bay clean. The chemicals I use are Chemical guys and the best degreaser I use is Simple green.

Back