• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Visiting East Tennessee for Christmas.

OzarkLander

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
The family and I are planning a week long trip to Gatlinburg, Tn. for Christmas this year. A couple of days we were hoping to go wheeling around and see the mountains. If anyone has some ideas about some easy rides around the area I would appreciate any info. We'll be in the wife's 4runner with lift and tires so a little technical would be fine as well.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

The family and I are planning a week long trip to Gatlinburg, Tn. for Christmas this year. A couple of days we were hoping to go wheeling around and see the mountains. If anyone has some ideas about some easy rides around the area I would appreciate any info. We'll be in the wife's 4runner with lift and tires so a little technical would be fine as well.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Windrock. Close to Knoxville. 70k acres and hundreds of miles of trails, everything from super technical to trail riding.

Thanks for that! I’ve definitely heard of that just didn’t know it was close.

You're going to be a morning's drive from Windrock. I wouldn't fool with it unless you've got an entire day to burn/spare.

Just north of you will be what we locals refer to as Hurricane Creek. You quite literally enter it from the I-40 westbound emergency shoulder lane. It'll take you up through some beginner friendly jeep trails and end up at Max Patch.

There's also a great gravel route starting in Cosby and ending in NC. It hits buzzard's roost which overlooks I-40 through the pass.

Man that sounds great! If you wanna go ride while we are out there, I’ll sure take you up on it!

Back