• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Victory Blitz bumper with winch install question

TheyCallMeTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Has anyone here installed this bumper with a winch? My question involves the control box and wires. Can I snake the wires through the frame/body and get them connected without taking the whole front end off? I replaced the wires between the box and winch with ones 40" long if that matters. I don't mind taking the grill off but would like to keep it at that. Thanks

Never mind. Just got the truck and had only looked at install vids where every one removed the whole front of the truck. Got home today and rolled up my sleeves and pulled the grill and I have all the room I need. Being by myself I will have to buy a Harbor Fright transmission jack so I can hold the bumper in place while I attach the leads from the control box, but looks like I'll have plenty of room.

So you said there's enough room but need something to hold the bumper in place. Are you removing it? If you're loosening it at all, I'd remove the entire thing for convenience. Usually when it's this stuff, I would also try to avoid removing the bumper, but after wasting a lot of time, I'd end up removing it anyway.

So you said there's enough room but need something to hold the bumper in place. Are you removing it? If you're loosening it at all, I'd remove the entire thing for convenience. Usually when it's this stuff, I would also try to avoid removing the bumper, but after wasting a lot of time, I'd end up removing it anyway.
New installation. It ended up being a piece of cake. Mostly because I went to Harbor Freight and bought a low profile transmission jack. That allowed me to lift the bumper almost into place, attach the necessary wiring, then slide it up to the frame and bolted it up.

Ok, so the bumper wasn't already on. That makes more sense. I used a garage folding creeper. Lol.

1674738737649.png

Back