• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Vibration after lift

Shack

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, I am getting ready to do the left front differential needle bearing to ECGS bushIng. Why don’t I have to do the right side? Is it a different style bearing that does not require this bushing kit?

Maybe that explains partly why the driver side wore out faster than passenger? It’s also where the battery is, and depending on the model if you don’t have the break booster there on the passenger side between you, battery, and then nothing on the other side, there’s a good few hundred pounds difference riding on that front left corner? Just an idea? Also could’ve maybe taken some potholes or bumps on that side at some point? Just spitballing here lol

Below is from their site. Driver's side needle bearing, passenger ball bearing. So different angle. Different configuration.

" Replaces Driver side CV axle needle bearing with bushing to help control Vibration and shaft float common on these differentials. Replaces Needle Bearing Part # 90364-35010 and 90364-35008. This is for the drivers side ONLY, the passenger side uses a ball bearing. "

Thanks for info,I purchased the bushing kit and will install,I will left everyone know if it helps

While lifting mine I changed the needle bearing to the ECGS bushing and added the Old Man Emu carrier bearing drop spacer. I have never had any vibration issues.

Attachments

• 8B5D0A0A-5766-4AD4-88E3-5F0EA0595A0F.png
    8B5D0A0A-5766-4AD4-88E3-5F0EA0595A0F.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
While lifting mine I changed the needle bearing to the ECGS bushing and added the Old Man Emu carrier bearing drop spacer. I have never had any vibration issues.
this is a good idea. Straighten the drive line out a bit. Carrier bearings are known for having premature wear after lift, and no one usually checks them. I need to do mine probably.

this is a good idea. Straighten the drive line out a bit. Carrier bearings are known for having premature wear after lift, and no one usually checks them. I need to do mine probably.
It’s only about $20 and you can get it off Amazon. Very easy to install.

Back