• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

US and Canada Recovery Groups

collardsandcornbread

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
As some of y'all know, I'm with a few different Toyota Groups and we currently have been focusing on recovery and safety when riding. I've slowly been working on a Google doc that covers both the United States and Canada with different recovery/rescue 4x4 groups. I'd like to share what I've started and continuing to build.

If there are any local groups in your area that you'd like to be added or can recommend a local 4x4 rescue group please let me know and I'll add their contact info. This will be a live and continuously growing list. Please feel free to share in other groups or with people who are planning any trips. Always good to know who's local just in case something goes wrong.

Original link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bPixkoRKbZFtt8Mn_HZBePhRJ_vFbHpqofPQCBde5Iw/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Wow, this is great information to have available. I know I was once stuck enough that I had to create a few social media posts to seek help. This’ll definitely help someone in the future, especially as more are added.

I don’t think there are any groups where I’m living right now.

Thank you. As people become more involved in going off road, little bits of info can make a huge difference. I'm attending a recovery and obstacle course next month lead by a 4x4 recovery and SAR group. Going to be able to test out different types of recovery gear from snatch blocks, winches, hi lifts, traction boards and a few other items.

Thank you. As people become more involved in going off road, little bits of info can make a huge difference. I'm attending a recovery and obstacle course next month lead by a 4x4 recovery and SAR group. Going to be able to test out different types of recovery gear from snatch blocks, winches, hi lifts, traction boards and a few other items.
That sounds like fun. I would do that if I were local to it.

I would do that if I were local to it.

Surprisingly enough, it's actually being hosted at the dealership where I bought my truck. One of the guys who runs their social media page is in the 3GT group on FB and he took suggestions from people and presented it to the owner and then my husband plays softball with one of the techs. I know a lot of it is a marketing ploy, but it's more than a lot of other places do. I like that after events, they offer discounts for attending whatever event is hosted. Last year was a Toyota BBQ and they cleared off the front row for people to park their rigs and provided the grills, food and drinks and then offered discounted parts (I should have picked up some 4runner wheels but wasn't thinking) and services to those who attended.

Surprisingly enough, it's actually being hosted at the dealership where I bought my truck. One of the guys who runs their social media page is in the 3GT group on FB and he took suggestions from people and presented it to the owner and then my husband plays softball with one of the techs. I know a lot of it is a marketing ploy, but it's more than a lot of other places do. I like that after events, they offer discounts for attending whatever event is hosted. Last year was a Toyota BBQ and they cleared off the front row for people to park their rigs and provided the grills, food and drinks and then offered discounted parts (I should have picked up some 4runner wheels but wasn't thinking) and services to those who attended.
I'm seeing a lot of people on here having great relationships with their local dealerships, especially in terms of the dealer being open to the off-road stuff. I'm jealous; the one I have here didn't even want to fix my wiggly driver's seat, lol.

Have fun at your event, it sounds awesome.

As some of y'all know, I'm with Lady Owned Toyotas and we currently have been focusing on recovery and safety when riding. I've slowly been working on a Google doc that covers both the United States and Canada with different recovery/rescue 4x4 groups. I'd like to share what I've started with more than just Lady Owned Toyotas.

If there are any local groups in your area that you'd like to be added or can recommend a local 4x4 rescue group please let me know and I'll add their contact info. This will be a live and continuously growing list. Please feel free to share in other groups or with people who are planning any trips. Always good to know who's local just in case something goes wrong.

Original link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bPixkoRKbZFtt8Mn_HZBePhRJ_vFbHpqofPQCBde5Iw/edit?usp=sharing
Go ahead and us to the recovery info. Missouri. St Louis area.

Back