• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Upcoming forum giveaway, Instagram giveaway, and the future of Rig of the Month

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I'm to reaching out to inform you of an upcoming forum giveaway (separate from RotM), Instagram giveaway, an update to the future of our Rig of the Month contest and, if you read far enough, there will be a little T3G-2G teaser at the end (the T3G 2.0 overhaul).

Upcoming Forum Giveaway
Roughly around sometime near next week or so (ha), I'm going to host a forum posting contest. What does that mean? You simply use the forum as you normally would, and if you happen to be the member that posted the most during the declared timeframe, you'll win something sweet. Screw it -- so will the runner-up.

Why will there be a contest based off of forum posts? Well, because:

At its core, T3G is a community-driven community (that does make sense; I checked). T3G is fueled by members engaging with other members on the forum. It would essentially be a ghost town with no valuable information if not for the user-generated content (forum posts). And... I actually just enjoy seeing the free giveaway stuff on your trucks.

For those interested in participating, you'll be informed of the exact dates and prizes soon (open to suggestions though).

Instagram Giveaway
Not much to hit on this one. The T3G Instagram page is creeping up on 60k followers, so why not a giveaway? This one will be separate from the forum and run on Instagram itself. You'll need an IG account to participate.

Keep an eye on the T3G Instagram page as this will go live very soon.

Rig of the Month
As you know, we run a monthly contest on our forum: Rig of the Month (RotM). This contest has turned into one of my favorite community events on the forum and it seems like every month has been slightly tweaked to make it better (based off your suggestions).

There are two new ways I'm going to expand on this.

Upon earning RotM, you will be offered to have your truck featured on the new website homepage in the form of a blog-style interview (about you and your truck's story). A new homepage is coming with T3G 2.0 and this is one of many ways it will be rich with content. You can opt-out of the interview if you'd like. If you do, the photo of your truck and a small blurb from me will take its place.

Secondly, this isn't even RotM's final form. That's right; it evolves, just like a Pokéman! After December's RotM is declared, the contest will evolve into Rig of the Year. This will include a special calendar with all of the RotM photos from 2020, one of which will also be RotY. And since earning the RotY vote sounds pretty impressive to me, the prize for that should probably also be pretty impressive, yeah? Only 4 months to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back