• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Truck pulling right

MRJMOYA

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I got new tires installed at Costco two days ago and as soon as I drove it home I noticed a slight pull to the right I didn't think much of it because I knew I needed an alignment prior to getting the new tires. Today I went to americas discount tires and I got an alignment. It was off but they squared it away. I'm driving home and it's still pulling slightly right. The bizarre thing is my previous set of tires were almost bald and i knew I was misaligned because I hit a pallet on the freeway with the front left tire and that tire started to wear unevenly. Even with these problems the truck drove straight as an arrow. Also steering wheel is turned slightly right only after new tires.

Attachments

• A14F860C-93A5-42AA-8CCF-6718FEAD8FA5.jpeg
    A14F860C-93A5-42AA-8CCF-6718FEAD8FA5.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 148
Rotate your two front tires and see if you pull left. You might have a defective tire.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. I know the st maxx did this. Not sure about ko2
I have KO2 on my F150 and no pulling problems. I just re read MRJMOYA’s original post and I missed the part about a slight right lean on the steering wheel. You shouldn’t have that after an alignment. I am no auto technician, but isn’t the last step on an alignment “zeroing” the steering wheel?

Upvote 0
I went back this morning. They realigned it. The manager informed me that their machine was recently recalibrated. The fixed everything up to 90%. It’s still slightly pulling right but only ever so slightly. He said the mechanic drove it twice and it should be good. After my test drive I went back and the manager told me if they adjusted anything else it would compromise tire wear. I did notice the rear not looking normal I brought it up to him and he said it could be it. I’m confused the truck has not been in any accidents. The only think I can think of is about 8 months ago I was driving on the freeway and I ran over a pallet
I hit the pallet with the front left tire. I was traveling at around 70mph. I braced my self but didn’t feel anything the tire and the suspension took the hit. But I didn’t feel anything else.

Attachments

• B6C37942-C4B0-4F83-ACB0-92224809564A.jpeg
    B6C37942-C4B0-4F83-ACB0-92224809564A.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
You got a bad alignment.. 2.5 caster on your left and 2.1 right. You should be pulling right with those numbers. You want your numbers all in the green and close together.

If you are in the SF Bay Area hit up IG: Hayward_alignments

Attachments

• 1B3C396F-3285-4911-AABC-9D2E598AA5E9.jpeg
    1B3C396F-3285-4911-AABC-9D2E598AA5E9.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You got a bad alignment.. 2.5 caster on your left and 2.1 right. You should be pulling right with those numbers. You want your numbers all in the green and close together.

If you are in the SF Bay Area hit up IG: Hayward_alignments
The alignment I got is the best that shop can do without compromising tire wear which still makes me think there is something else that is off. But I have not had any accidents so I’m confused. Maybe it’s just the new tires but even than what are the chances

Upvote 0
Is it possible you did some control arm damage after hitting the pallet?

Upvote 0
Is it possible you did some control arm damage after hitting the pallet?
I think it is possible. I’m just confused that after I hit or ran over the pallet my truck drove straight as an arrow. I will say that my front left tire started wearing very unevenly I didn’t think much of it because I would replace all four tires within a couple months

Upvote 0
It's a possibility one of your cam bolts is seized on your lower control arms. We see it all the time here at the shop. A lot of vehicles come in after an alignment elsewhere, with their spec sheet in the green. It's the numbers that matter the most. I've seen a lot of alignment guys say "well its in the green so close enough" throughout my years in automotive. You'll know for sure when it comes time to do lower control arms.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Back