• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TrialXTrail Overland

vxvREDMONKEYvxv

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Well here she is, all new and shinny. We have all been here, new truck, all stock, ready to cut holes and lose bolts. The mod wish list is growing and it all starts now, planing out the build and finding the right parts for the job.

So, where do you start? What’s the intent of the build, what’s the purpose of the truck and what do you want out of it. For us, “overlanding” is the name of the game. It’s camping for as long and as efficient as possible with functional and purpose focused additions allowing us to travel as far and fast as possible on and off road.

With our goals in mind, it all starts with our sleeping arrangements. Currently sleeping in a 48x80” RTT we’re accustomed to small space. We wanted some indoor room and that’s the reason we ended up with a Tacoma anyway. We’re using a Jeep JL and it’s been good, but there’s no room to use the bathroom inside, with out some serious consequences! So... with the truck, we decided on an AT Overland Atlas camper. This gives us some ability to build out the interior and have a heater going all night. Out front we are starting with a Warn VR 10 EVo S mounted on the back of a Body Armor Hiline bumper. That stock looks is just so good to me! To finish that off I ordered some Baja Designs squadron fogs.

To handle the rough sometimes fast pace off road conditions we’re going with some Falcon shocks. To handle the weigh dobbins rear springs are going out back and some OME medium springs up front.

For now, that’s the plan and more pics and I for will be posted as the build starts.

Here she is- our 2020 TRD Off Road DCLB I’m Cement.

Attachments

• 7B584738-5B64-4FEB-82AE-303AABC25DD4.jpeg
    7B584738-5B64-4FEB-82AE-303AABC25DD4.jpeg
    911.3 KB · Views: 69
  • E77B734A-1A86-49E5-8B8D-D47FC28E7847.jpeg
    E77B734A-1A86-49E5-8B8D-D47FC28E7847.jpeg
    731.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1C9BF5DF-2DC3-45CD-BF7F-92F999F5F214.jpeg
    1C9BF5DF-2DC3-45CD-BF7F-92F999F5F214.jpeg
    711.2 KB · Views: 62
Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

Sounds like you have a good build list coming up. Can’t wait to see it!

Well here she is, all new and shinny. We have all been here, new truck, all stock, ready to cut holes and lose bolts. The mod wish list is growing and it all starts now, planing out the build and finding the right parts for the job.

So, where do you start? What’s the intent of the build, what’s the purpose of the truck and what do you want out of it. For us, “overlanding” is the name of the game. It’s camping for as long and as efficient as possible with functional and purpose focused additions allowing us to travel as far and fast as possible on and off road.

With our goals in mind, it all starts with our sleeping arrangements. Currently sleeping in a 48x80” RTT we’re accustomed to small space. We wanted some indoor room and that’s the reason we ended up with a Tacoma anyway. We’re using a Jeep JL and it’s been good, but there’s no room to use the bathroom inside, with out some serious consequences! So... with the truck, we decided on an AT Overland Atlas camper. This gives us some ability to build out the interior and have a heater going all night. Out front we are starting with a Warn VR 10 EVo S mounted on the back of a Body Armor Hiline bumper. That stock looks is just so good to me! To finish that off I ordered some Baja Designs squadron fogs.

To handle the rough sometimes fast pace off road conditions we’re going with some Falcon shocks. To handle the weigh dobbins rear springs are going out back and some OME medium springs up front.

For now, that’s the plan and more pics and I for will be posted as the build starts.

Here she is- our 2020 TRD Off Road DCLB I’m Cement.
A little late to your thread but curious if you have done anything to your Taco yet?

Back