• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD's 4-pin trailer wiring for LED light bar

tommytacoma23

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Howdy!
Would anyone have, or be able to confirm, the direct-connect wiring of an LED light bar into the truck's 4-pin trailer wiring harness?
I believe the LED's reverse red wire needs to connect into the driver's rear taillight reverse red wire (shown below). Thanks in advance.

TRD-wiring-layout.png

Drivers-RearTail-Reverse-RedWire.png

Should be possible as long as you're not pushing like a 30" light bar. That's the same way the Diode Dynamics hitch light works.

The LED light bar is 48" with 90 LEDS.
Here's the product on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4JYL62Q/?tag=tacoma3g-20

What I am seeking is the wire mapping from the (5) LED light wires direct to the truck's color-coded wiring harness.
I know where the red wire goes in the driver's reverse light, but what about the other (4) wires?

Hope that helps.

It's Amazon.. try it and if it doesn't work send it back.

I’m sorry if I’m not being clear with my question.
I don’t want to use the 4-pin plug that comes with the LED light bar and I need to know how to direct wire to the 4pin, or even 7–pin, wire harness that is factory-installed on the truck.

My diagram above is blank on the right side because that’s what I need to know about the wiring harness.

Thanks again. 😄

I’m sorry if I’m not being clear with my question.
I don’t want to use the 4-pin plug that comes with the LED light bar and I need to know how to direct wire to the 4pin, or even 7–pin, wire harness that is factory-installed on the truck.

My diagram above is blank on the right side because that’s what I need to know about the wiring harness.

Thanks again. 😄
I installed the OPT7 Redline Parlux Triple Row LED Tailgate Light Bar and used the OPT7 Easy Connect USCAR 7 Pin to 4 Pin Harness, 4ft Trailer Extension Wiring Connector Adapter for Trucks, Pickups, Trailers, Compatible with Redline LED Tailgate Light Bar, Trailer Lights from Amazon. This adapter sells for under $30. Very simple install.

Back