• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD Pro Production Numbers

B_Lui

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
Voodoo Blue
Does anyone have any knowledge of TRD Pro productions/sales numbers? I emailed Toyota a year or so after I got mine because I got curious how rare it was (or wasn't). They told me: "We apologize, we are unable to provide the information you requested. Toyota appreciates your enthusiasm for our brand."

Figured I'd ask here since it popped into my head this afternoon again.

Toyota should make a certain amount each year and give each trd pro a number, like xxxx out of 2000. Similar to the scion release series.
Scion needed that for their pure market pricing model.
PRO's don't because they will sell.

This says 5000. Most sales people will throw an estimate of 2000-3500. They usually just say whatever and don't really know anything or just regurgitate whatever they're rep tells them. Even then that's the least of their worries.

But it also seems like they can just build them. Makes sense since it's not "limited". Limited to a certain extent.
Once it hits the port, you can order one and they'll just build it. Think about it. If someone is paying for it, why not? There's nothing to not build it a PRO if it's paid for.

As a Tacoma TRD Pro owner I’d also like to know the number of vehicles manufactured/sold each year.

It’s worth noting the above article “Things to know about Toyota’s TRD Pro trucks” was written Feb. 2018, and states, “they fly off the lot”. I’m curious if this is still true??? In my experience, I went to my local dealer in Sept. of 2019 to buy a TRD Sport, and they offered me a deal on my TRD Pro, which I later learned had been on the lot for over 9 months.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my TRD Pro, but for the cost of a TRD Pro I’m pretty certain most folks prefer to buy a Tacoma model with less options and then build it their own way.

5000 units a year that's not many out of the 248801 (https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/toyota-tacoma-sales-figures/) Tacomas they sold in 2019.

When I went to the dealer merely to look at Tacomas in October 2019 I ended up buying the Pro because the price was right, I liked it and that was that. Same as Rick, I found out they had been sitting on it for a number of months and they had 2 in stock.

Not being in to modifying vehicle much anymore how the Pro came fit the bill for me. I didn't want to mess with suspension, wheels, etc.

It would be nice/cool to know just how rare of a bird it is. I haven't seen another Voodoo Pro in person since I've had mine and it's been over 2 years now.

I ordered a trd pro in October 2021 and they are now telling me it will be a 2023 model but they have no idea when it will arrive.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my TRD Pro, but for the cost of a TRD Pro I’m pretty certain most folks prefer to buy a Tacoma model with less options and then build it their own way.

This is exactly the best approach,
I was lucky my truck was a special-order Sport the guy who ordered it got tried waiting 6 months and bought something else on the lot.

I can install whatever I feel necessary, right now I the only thing I would change is the Toyo tires from OS to TA.
A front bumper/winch would be nice BUT the one I put on the Jeep to this day has never been used (7 years of not getting stuck).
The winch is literally a mental insurance policy.

I would suggest building your truck to suit you, not the other guy who will not drive it.

Does, he who dies with the most toys win?
Most likely no.

I ordered a trd pro in October 2021 and they are now telling me it will be a 2023 model but they have no idea when it will arrive.
I lucked out and snagged a special order 2022 in Electric Lime that was canceled by the original buyer. It came from a corporate owned dealer. They told me that there are roughly 7,000-10,000 TRD Pros a year and of those they limit the special edition colors to about 2,000 each. Since it was a late year delivery, (August) I’m told it has 2023 options because the line switched over.

Of course I have no way of verifying any of this.

I lucked out and snagged a special order 2022 in Electric Lime that was canceled by the original buyer. It came from a corporate owned dealer. They told me that there are roughly 7,000-10,000 TRD Pros a year and of those they limit the special edition colors to about 2,000 each. Since it was a late year delivery, (August) I’m told it has 2023 options because the line switched over.

Of course I have no way of verifying any of this.
Hey I got a 2022 Electric Lime Pro too how much did you pay for it out the door?

As a Tacoma TRD Pro owner I’d also like to know the number of vehicles manufactured/sold each year.

It’s worth noting the above article “Things to know about Toyota’s TRD Pro trucks” was written Feb. 2018, and states, “they fly off the lot”. I’m curious if this is still true??? In my experience, I went to my local dealer in Sept. of 2019 to buy a TRD Sport, and they offered me a deal on my TRD Pro, which I later learned had been on the lot for over 9 months.

No alot of people don't in my opinion....me for one. I like stock and I don't know how to build it and all that. I am not a mechanic. If you are then great I respect that....I would be jacked my stuff up....and alot of mechanics and all I do not trust.

I just snagged an unbelievable deal on a 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro MANUAL TRANSMISSION with 5k miles on it for 51k USD from a dealer in rural Oregon. I’ve been looking for a MANAUL version of this truck for many years and they are a true unicorn. I’m actually afraid to drive it because I feel it belongs in a museum. However rare the Tacoma TRD Pro is, finding one in a MANUAL is unbelievably rare. I think I read somewhere that Toyota produced around 250k Tacomas a year as of 2022…of that I read around 1200 are the TRD Pro trim. I also read on Toyotas own website that about 5% of all Tacomas are produced with a manual transmission. Assuming this holds true for the TRD Pro, that’s about 60 manual TRD Pro Tacomas year. I bet it’s even less but let’s go with that. They introduced the Tacoma TRD Pro in 2015 or 8 years ago as of 2023. So…all in all, Toyota has produced about 480 manual TRD Pro Tacomas in all of time. They just announced for the 2024 new gen model that manual will NO LONGER be offered on the TRD Pro trim. So my daily driver is one of about 500 ever made.

It’s loaded. In perfect condition. And only had 5k miles on it when I bought it 3 days ago. It’s a dream come true.

My M6 was a special order,
I believe dealers must put in a request for a M6 to have one on the lot period.
They always issue one for a press vehicle which will resale as "certified used",......

I own the unicorn of unicorns. I found a manual transmission 2023 TRD Pro in Solar Octane with 10K. If you break down the numbers listed above (60 manuals built per year), and if you assume equal numbers of the four colors produced for this trim (White, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Black, and Solar Octane), then there might only be 15 of these vehicles in existence.

Attachments

• TRD Pro Manual.jpg
    TRD Pro Manual.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 80
My manual does not have "Crawl Control"
I don't think they can put a crawl control in a manual equipped truck...... the crawl system works off braking the wheels.
Any of you guys have crawl with the manual?

My manual does not have "Crawl Control"
I don't think they can put a crawl control in a manual equipped truck...... the crawl system works off braking the wheels.
Any of you guys have crawl with the manual?
No, those controls are only on the automatic. It is expected you control slippage with the clutch. The manual also has a clutch free start feature the automatic does not have. Neat feature to have if you are on the trail.

No, those controls are only on the automatic. It is expected you control slippage with the clutch. The manual also has a clutch free start feature the automatic does not have. Neat feature to have if you are on the trail.
I figured crawl is auto only,... just verifying some opinions.
I have the hill assist on my manual,..... not sure all manuals have that,...... seems like they should all be the same but maybe not.

I figured crawl is auto only,... just verifying some opinions.
I have the hill assist on my manual,..... not sure all manuals have that,...... seems like they should all be the same but maybe not.
You made me think about this one and so I checked the manual. On page 324 it says that Hill-start assist control prevents the truck from rolling backwards when starting on an incline or slippery slope. It goes on to say that The slip indicator light will flash while the TRAC/VSC/Trailer Sway Control/hill-start assist control* systems are operating.

*: If equipped with Multi-terrain Select/Crawl Control.

The way I read this (and I could be wrong) is that we don't get hill-start assist control if we don't have Multi-terrain Select/Crawl Control. I need to find a hill to try this out, but if anyone knows better than me, please speak up.

Update: please check out https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/what-is-your-experience-with-hill-start-assist.459729/

You made me think about this one and so I checked the manual. On page 324 it says that Hill-start assist control prevents the truck from rolling backwards when starting on an incline or slippery slope. It goes on to say that The slip indicator light will flash while the TRAC/VSC/Trailer Sway Control/hill-start assist control* systems are operating.

*: If equipped with Multi-terrain Select/Crawl Control.

The way I read this (and I could be wrong) is that we don't get hill-start assist control if we don't have Multi-terrain Select/Crawl Control. I need to find a hill to try this out, but if anyone knows better than me, please speak up.

Update: please check out https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/what-is-your-experience-with-hill-start-assist.459729/
My manual does not up any lights on the dash, and I do not have crawl control.
From your post,.... (below)
I roll back after 2 seconds after releasing the brake
1693769341096.png

The section on this in the manual is written for multiple vehicles
Source: https://youtu.be/oWVN3O5r9o0

I tested this out and I roll back on hills. Exactly what I expected in my manual. I bought it since it is an old school truck and that’s what I got. :)

Last of the naturally aspirated six cylinder blocks with leaf springs and drum brakes. Btw, those rear brakes hold like hell on a hill.

I just snagged an unbelievable deal on a 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro MANUAL TRANSMISSION with 5k miles on it for 51k USD from a dealer in rural Oregon. I’ve been looking for a MANAUL version of this truck for many years and they are a true unicorn. I’m actually afraid to drive it because I feel it belongs in a museum. However rare the Tacoma TRD Pro is, finding one in a MANUAL is unbelievably rare. I think I read somewhere that Toyota produced around 250k Tacomas a year as of 2022…of that I read around 1200 are the TRD Pro trim. I also read on Toyotas own website that about 5% of all Tacomas are produced with a manual transmission. Assuming this holds true for the TRD Pro, that’s about 60 manual TRD Pro Tacomas year. I bet it’s even less but let’s go with that. They introduced the Tacoma TRD Pro in 2015 or 8 years ago as of 2023. So…all in all, Toyota has produced about 480 manual TRD Pro Tacomas in all of time. They just announced for the 2024 new gen model that manual will NO LONGER be offered on the TRD Pro trim. So my daily driver is one of about 500 ever made.

It’s loaded. In perfect condition. And only had 5k miles on it when I bought it 3 days ago. It’s a dream come true.

I am trying to find official info about this right now. I got really lucky and kind of fell into a brand new 2023 black TRD Pro with the manual about 4 weeks ago. Only 16 miles on it. I had a manual TRD Off Road premium before it and was surprised at how much of a difference I can feel in the suspension. I hated to let my premium Off Road manual go and tried to find family or friends that wanted it. But to upgrade to a brand new TRD Pro manual I couldn't pass it up.

My 2020 has a small aluminum tags on key fob 661 they said it was the production number. mine is magnetic grey metallic kinda changes colors all day long, a little loud but you get use to it . It also stated it got 18 mpg as the other tacomas got 19 mpg couldn’t get that answer at the dealership. If you have a deer getting ready to cross the road whether you see it or not hold on the truck going to hit the brakes fast if we see one I let off the gas just to watch and if the deer flinches the brakes are coming on whether you see it or not , radar ready when you start it… and does have the weather radar with the bigger touch screen to avoid storms etc can start , lock etc with watch or phone anywhere in the country with app. Always texting me if I left something in the back seat …..I was told anything that had fluid or oil was covered for life …

Good note on the key tag. I’ll have to check mine.

In the 4 years I’ve had m truck, I’ve only seen 2 other Voodoo Blue TRD Pros.

5000 units a year that's not many out of the 248801 (https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/toyota-tacoma-sales-figures/) Tacomas they sold in 2019.

When I went to the dealer merely to look at Tacomas in October 2019 I ended up buying the Pro because the price was right, I liked it and that was that. Same as Rick, I found out they had been sitting on it for a number of months and they had 2 in stock.

Not being in to modifying vehicle much anymore how the Pro came fit the bill for me. I didn't want to mess with suspension, wheels, etc.

It would be nice/cool to know just how rare of a bird it is. I haven't seen another Voodoo Pro in person since I've had mine and it's been over 2 years now.
During Covid and chip shortage these numbers dropped considerably dealer said 1500 ish in 2019

Good note on the key tag. I’ll have to check mine.

In the 4 years I’ve had m truck, I’ve only seen 2 other Voodoo Blue TRD Pros.
Yah they stand out for sure does your cameras under the mirror point at the front wheels when you in gage 4x4 to see whats coming? Maybe just in 4x4 low have to check that out. But definitely like the top view can see the dogs if they get to close and these tight ass parking garage spaces between the radar and the camera parking is incredibly easy…and backing in is between the line every time…

Just got my 23 Pro in Solar Octane with a MT! It had 3k miles, still has the new smell! Been looking for this one for awhile!
FBC994E2-D386-4CBD-BB30-85766C5E92B8.jpeg

New to the forum and new to Toyota ownership. My son recently bought a 2020 4Runner TRD Pro and I was so impressed, I decided upgrade from my old Ford truck. and a fleet of Jeeps. I began by researching available colors by year and when I saw the Electric Lime, It was love at first sight. The color is like a Slim Jim, "you either love em or you hate em"! I did a search for a 22 Tacoma TRD Pro Electric Lime and lo and behold this came up 10 miles from home, AND it was the MANUAL TRANS! Late year 2022 production with 17,000 miles and I could not be happier!! Looks and smells like NEW.

Attachments

• 1bba93a2068c43e7acc63ef58941ec70.jpg
    1bba93a2068c43e7acc63ef58941ec70.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 23ce91c18feb438fae854d8432fd8aea.jpg
    23ce91c18feb438fae854d8432fd8aea.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 21
I own the unicorn of unicorns. I found a manual transmission 2023 TRD Pro in Solar Octane with 10K. If you break down the numbers listed above (60 manuals built per year), and if you assume equal numbers of the four colors produced for this trim (White, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Black, and Solar Octane), then there might only be 15 of these vehicles in existence.
In the unicorn club. I picked up a '23 solar octane TRD Pro with manual 6 speed. 14K miles, and like brand new! Paid a premium though :(

Back