• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD Pro Grill

D.kile

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
This is my first time to post on this forum. My wife purchased me a new 2023 SR5 for Christmas! It is the first Toyota truck I have owned and I love it. My question was about the TRD grill. Has anyone purchased one from taco garage and if so what was your experience? Or any other recommended places. Didn’t want to go thru dealer because of price.

I purchased that one first and the quality was very poor. Got them to take it back and I bought the OEM part. Just go OEM for any OEM-looking parts, the quality on the knockoffs is garbage. The DEPO faux-Pro tail lights are awful too.

Be warn now, whatever you wanna buy for your truck, do a lot of research on what's out there first! I bought a knock off TRD grille, first thing I bought for my TRD Off Road, kinda wish I just went all out bought a nicer one with the LED "Raptor Lights" on the grille.. But eh whatever, it looks fine now I'll upgrade it eventually. Welcome to the form and always feel free to reach out with any questions!! We all here to help as one big family :)

ALSO< you bought a nice truck, so put nice upgrades on (if you decide to do so) which means avoid RoughCountry shit.. Get a good lift if you wanna lift it, get good running boards if you want steps, get good rock sliders if you want sliders instead. There's a whole lot of forms om here that talks about basically everything you can think of. Or if you wanna be lazy like me start a new one with a couple ideas you're looking into and we'll all give our honest feedback!

But I cannot stress this enough.... Do not. Buy. Anything. From RoughCountry.... Nice trucks deserve nice upgrades :D

This is my first time to post on this forum. My wife purchased me a new 2023 SR5 for Christmas! It is the first Toyota truck I have owned and I love it. My question was about the TRD grill. Has anyone purchased one from taco garage and if so what was your experience? Or any other recommended places. Didn’t want to go thru dealer because of price.
Congrats! Pics? Oh and what @drizzoh and @zsmith4472 said above.... 100% agree. You have a nice new truck. Avoid cheap crapola if able.
I never upgraded my grille, but if I did I would spend the extra $$ and go OEM.
If you can wait some dealerships have online sales 10 to 15% off sitewide during holidays.

Thank y’all for the responses! I know it’s true most of the time you get what you pay for. I don’t want something that’s not going to hold up. I am 61 yrs old and this is the first time I have ever posted on a forum. I read a lot to get good information. Reason I mention that is because I don’t know how to post a picture!

Thank y’all for the responses! I know it’s true most of the time you get what you pay for. I don’t want something that’s not going to hold up. I am 61 yrs old and this is the first time I have ever posted on a forum. I read a lot to get good information. Reason I mention that is because I don’t know how to post a picture!
This site is very intuitive and there are plenty of "age experienced" people here :). The big 5-0 for me this year. If you have saved pics on your PC/tablet or phone you should be able to use the little button on bottom left of your post to "attach". Then if you want the full image in your post you just select the full image or leave as a small thumbnail.

1673642069082.png

Attachments

• 1-5-23 A.jpg
    1-5-23 A.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 88
This is my 2023 Tacoma. It is my first Toyota truck. Loving it so far!

Attachments

• 323355D9-BE08-429F-9A8C-D1BAFC9C583E.png
    323355D9-BE08-429F-9A8C-D1BAFC9C583E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
@D.kile, I second not purchasing anything from Rough Country. Also, early on I had issues with Runnin4Tacos specifically regarding the TRD PRO grill and poor quality. It's been a while so things may have changed.

Most of those "Pro" grills are Chinese replicas. The letters and stuff fall off. The OEM one does cost more. You did just buy a $40k truck. Don't throw on a cheapo grill and regret it later. People will say it's just as good and it's the same thing made in the same place but it's not. Plastic being more brittle and fitment being slightly off.

With current rates, I would cheap out on the garnish. It really is just plastic.
I would also grab some 90183-06044 push nuts. I wasn't able to reuse mine because they were a hassle to get off.

Sometimes when you order, they will require you to produce a TRD Pro VIN number. They always do that for the limited release vehicles.
Just go to an auto sight and borrow a VIN.

If you're really set on a fake one, they are all about the same. I'd remove the letters and re-secure them on yourself.

Even the other forum will say get the OEM or get yourself a Weber or Green Egg.

Last edited:
Back