• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Trd pro grill

CJfromSOTA

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR5 DCSB Auto
White
I'm sure there is a thread on this but I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm wondering where the best place to buy a trd pro blacked out grill is. Obviously I wanted a reputable place and a quality part. My next question is how hard are they to install, I'm definitely not a handy person and have next to zero knowledge when it comes to automotives. I'm just getting started on the Overland game and this is one of my first mods. Thanks.

Cali raised LED, Tacoma beast but they're out of stock right now and Runnin4tacos. Installation is very easy, the hardest part I had was the chrome tabs on my factory grill, ended up just breaking them off

What do you mean the chrome tabs. I haven't looked that closely at my grill yet. What do you have to do with them.

the factory grill is a 3 piece setup, painted section, chrome border and the grill itself. the chrome ring around the factory grill has tabs in the back that attach it to black and painted part of the grill.

There's plenty of youtube videos to walk you through it.

Ya I watched on from Cali raised led. Looks simple. I just went and checked and my 2020 has the camera mounted right behind the "T" for Toyota. Does that mean I'm sol for doing a trd pro grill if I have that camera.

I dont know the answer to that. I'm sure you could relocate it though. Or do you mean the TSS sensor?

If you're talking about the TSS sensor, that'll relocate to the bottom of the grill.

Yeah sorry the tss sensor. One video I was watching, the guy said he's ran into issues with the senor when it's raining or snowing out. Basically the new grill not offering the same protection as stock for the sensor. Have you ran into any issues with that ?

If that happens you just have to buy the glass garnish from Toyota. Mine worked fine with the plastic one that was supplied.

What year is your taco?

with the panoramic vehicle monitor? if so that'll be an issue. Sorry I looked up the camera after bringing up the TSS sensor, I didn't know that camera was a 2020 option til 30 minutes ago lol

Haha no worries, no I don't have the camera, just the tss deal. I don't know why I said camera, but thanks a lot. Very helpful

I got my grill from Runnin4tacos. Really good fitment and quality. Pretty straight forward install, just be careful with the tabs and make sure they are all lined up. Good luck!

Back