• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD Pro Fox shocks or Spend double?

Jponcedeleon22

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Looking to get a set of rear and front used TRD Pro fox shocks with 3k miles on them for $900, or should I spend double on that and maybe get a set of 2.5 all around?

Hey dude! First of all, welcome to the forum!

Either way, you'll be getting an upgrade. There are a couple of factors you need to determine, if you haven't done so already.

• How are you using your truck?
    • Is it just a daily driver?
    • Light to moderate off roading?
    • Fully loaded for camping? 1 nighter, 2 nights?
    • Overlanding? Rock crawling?
  • What build direction are you going (end goal)?
    • Are you going add any bumpers? skids?
    • Are you adding a bed rack and roof top tent?
    • Bigger tires?

These are just some questions that will get the cogs running so we can help you give you a better recommendation.

Looking to get a set of rear and front used TRD Pro fox shocks with 3k miles on them for $900, or should I spend double on that and maybe get a set of 2.5 all around?
2.5's all around will set you back time wise quite a bit right now. Lots of manufacturers have months long delays.

I have a trd pro, and am very happy with my setup. I don't need the extra lift (at the moment...), and with a hidden winch (smittybilt x2o 10k synthetic line, total extra 70 lbs), it feels very smooth, appropriately "floaty" but still will hang a corner and recover without bouncing. They were a little stiff prior to the winch addition.

Back