• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Trails

Humble_Station12

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 DCSB
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey Everyone!

So I am new to the scene of offroading/overlanding and was wondering if anyone could recommend any beginner trails.

Also was wondering if there are any meet ups or something along those lines because I'd like to meet others who are interested in this awesome lifestyle too!!

Hey Everyone!

So I am new to the scene of offroading/overlanding and was wondering if anyone could recommend any beginner trails.

Also was wondering if there are any meet ups or something along those lines because I'd like to meet others who are interested in this awesome lifestyle too!!
@Mr. Nobody might be booting up the T3G SoCal meets we used to do every other week, so stay tuned for that.

Cleghorn is a popular beginner trail because while it does have some tricky stuff, you can skip each obstacle by just staying on the fire road. If you see something you want to try, you can go for it and then come right back to the fire road to find the next one. I love that place.

Big Bear has many trails but my favorite for beginners is Gold Mountain. It offers about two to three challenging spots but with rock sliders, you will be fine. I did this trail multiple times in a stock Jeep JKU and stock Tacoma. With modified trucks it becomes much easier but still a ton of fun with great views.

Back