• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Trail 🌮

Taconorth

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought my self a brand new 2019 magnetic gray DCSB OR. My first new truck! I've got rid of my venerable 2003 with 3in lift, 285 and JBA UCA.

So, at the dealer, I've ask my salesman can I try that trd OR that you got? He said to me what trd OR?? We've sold all the 2020 and it's 4 month waiting for a 2021!
I said come with me...have a look at that! The truck was covered with white oem protection wrap even the wheel plastic cove were on!
He lost his words... and found some French Canadian swearing words (Osti de Tabarnak!).
Me: Can you get me the key now?!!😄

Fall in love right away after pushing the ECT button!🤓

Long story short, he found out with his manager that it was a 2019 in commercial inventory it was on hold for a mining compagny, but no one claim it.

When I got back to the dealer I said: I need a change over for the tires put 5 x LT 265 75 16 Duratrac. I've got it for 3000$ under retail.

Now the fun part! The Build
I ordered my All Pro Apex rocksliders the next day on line!
I've talk to Nathan the week after to know an approx. ETA. He's doing a great job, he switch my original order (ask powdercoated) to a bare metal, he said it will save me two weeks.

I've read some post that were negative about the customer service with All Pro and some positive on tacoma world.

Anyway, i'm supposed to get them in 2 weeks max. I thinking going to DIY with steel-it or get them powder coated.

I'm now looking for a bolt-on full skidplate kit. The CBI and the Ricochet look like good stuff. Anyone has an opinion about skids?

The dealer already add 300 ml of oil in my transmission and the said come back if you feel that it's not enough! 😆

At least, they confim that it's a well known problem from the factory.

I'll keep up updating about my built and reading on the forum!
Cheers!

Attachments

• 20200706_144507.jpg
    20200706_144507.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200723_161117.jpg
    20200723_161117.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 52
  • received_721517468392149.jpeg
    received_721517468392149.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 52
Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

Congrats on your first new truck. My tacoma is also my first new truck I bought!

Nice! You definitely lucked out haha I've been hearing a lot about how nobody can find a new truck right now

Something good is coming in the bed of Santa rig!😄 2.0 eibach coilovers pro truck kit with Icon 3stage AAL. 1 1/2 inch lift all around. Sprint booster in the cart maybe spidertrax wheel spacer to come!!
Aftermarket is awesome! Fire roads will change shape with a little more controlled drift😆

Back