• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota Production Cut

B-Man

9️⃣ Legend
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
White
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/toyota-slash-september-production-global-chip-shortage

Toyota Motor is slashing its global production for September by 40% from its previous plan due to the worldwide shortage of semiconductors, according to Nikkei Asia.

The automaker had planned to make just fewer than 900,000 cars. That number has been cut to about 500,000, resulting in a temporary production shutdown at several domestic factories.
Production in North America, China and Europe will likely be scaled back by tens of thousands of units.

In addition to the chip crush, the resurgence in COVID-19 cases has disrupted parts supplies and production at car companies.

They still owe me a remote key fob for the NEW Tacoma I bought 4 months ago. Only came with one.
Their plan will "chip" away at sales, that's for sure.

Damn, that sucks. Mine only came with one as well but they (not a dealer) lined up a mobile key tech and the appointment only took 10 minutes. But mine's an '18, I don't know if the fobs changed.

Back