• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TOYO Open Country A/T lll Tires

Merr

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Bought TRD Pro Wheels now looking at tires whats your options on the Tokyo Open Country A/T lll as far as road noise, grip wear etc.. and other info. Thanks

Image.jpeg

I had these on a full size truck. Wear and noise I would give these tires great praise. When it comes to grip, I didn’t use that truck for much off-roading but when it came to wet roads after the tires had some wear on them... You could hardly get going from a stop. I’m sure part of that is not having much weight on the rear tires so they may do better if you have some gear back there. Went to Goodyear duratrac afterwards and loved them.

They've been on my wishlist for a while. @Mr. Nobody put a set of the A/T III's on, which piqued my interest even more.
Yep. I've had them on the truck for a bit now. My experience with the ATIII already echoes your previous ATII experience and the experience of others with the ATII. I've heard nothing but praise for the ATII and so far these new ATIII have been awesome. Light, quiet, predictable and grippy on and offroad. You won't be disappointed. ;) (y)

IMG_20200419_144119.jpg

I bought these as well, except mine are 305-17-70S, They are apparently a new tread design and the re did some specs to the tire, and people are going highly satisfactory ratings'. I have been waiting on Bilstein 6112's for over 6 weeks now, front shocks. I have everything else for my lift build.

I bought a set of these. I have had them in rain snow mud sand. Haven't failed me yet.

Back