• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Totaled...

Huck89

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
Hey everyone I come with some unfortunate news, I totaled my 2019 the other day. I have a ton of aftermarket parts still in good condition and not affected by the wreck. Pickup only and would be in Newport, KY. Once I have a list of what's still salvageable I will share. Shoot a message or drop a comment if anyone is interested.

Sorry for your loss and hopefully no one was hurt. I understand if it’s too soon to think about but I’m curious if you have a new truck in mind.

Sorry for your loss and hopefully no one was hurt. I understand if it’s too soon to think about but I’m curious if you have a new truck in mind.
I'm not too sure just yet. I talked to insurance and asked if I could pull the aftermarket stuff off because I was thinking of getting another Tacoma, but they said if I do I would have to replace them with the original parts. Unfortunately, a good majority of the add ons I don't have OEM parts for. So maybe just a beater for now.

2022-2023 4x4 Tacoma's are getting hard to find and impossible to order in a lot of dealerships.
Tell the insurance guy exactly this and tell him to take the vehicle as a whole for the best claim return as possible.

You have two choices at this point if you want a Tacoma,.... find a used 4X4 you like or get a new 2023 or 2024.
Make the best of a bad situation.

Last edited:
@Huck89, how bad is it? Can you salvage title it? Might be worth checking out.

Attachments

• IMG_3496.jpeg
    IMG_3496.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3497.jpeg
    IMG_3497.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 79
Ok, that looks pretty bad. These days they 'total' a vehicle when just the airbags are deployed. I hope you are ok.

That sucks,... glad your OK
Looks like a pretty hard hit on the right front.
SRS did its job!

Back