• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Thoughts on 285/70/16s - do both require cutting with 2.5-3" lift?

Efm87

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Hey all,

Im wondering what you all prefer out there between 285/75/16s and 285/70/16. Looking to size up here soon and while I know there isnt a huge difference between the two Im still interested in hearing suggestions/ recommendations. Also, I know a CMC will be necessary for 285/75/16, but what about with 285/70/26?

thanks!

I’m running 285/75/16 on method 701’s wrapped in KO2’s without a CMC with no issues. ??

I have exactly what you are mentioning and was able to run with no cutting and only had rubbing during full lock turns and full suspension tuck while off roading. May need to adjust alignment to push wheels forward but most off road shops who do alignment know how to do this. I have since had a CMC done as I'm considering bigger tires.

I have exactly what you are mentioning and was able to run with no cutting and only had rubbing during full lock turns and full suspension tuck while off roading. May need to adjust alignment to push wheels forward but most off road shops who do alignment know how to do this. I have since had a CMC done as I'm considering bigger tires.

Ok cool thanks. I do have 1.25" spacers currently, maybe that will help with the rubbing issues youre talking about?

Ok cool thanks. I do have 1.25" spacers currently, maybe that will help with the rubbing issues youre talking about?
I've actually seen spacers make it worst. Rubbing I mentioned is very minimal. You should be fine.

Back