• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

This Ticking is Ticking Me Off!

eltut

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
The sound is not very pronounced after being started and at idle. It increases in volume when accelerating and then quiets down when rpm's drop in the upper gears. It sounds like it is coming from the driver's side top of the engine towards the back. It seems to have started right after the truck slowed down, seem to shake and rattle a bit from underneath, and then stalled out (which it never does) at a stop light. Several warnings came up on the dash "high transmission fluid temp", "low oil pressure", and a couple others that went away too quick to read. I let the truck sit for just a minute and I was able to restart it. The check engine light is not on and it threw no codes. I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, which looks like that was a waste, just because that what was recommended after doing a bit of research. This is not the common wholesale ticking sound that usually come from the 3.5l of the 3rd generation, this seems more isolated. Ideas?

Have a qualified mechanic check it,
could be a transmission bearing and or torque converter related issue.
What year truck? How many miles?
Has the problem just showed up or been progressively getting more noticeable?

Upvote 0
Have a qualified mechanic check it,
could be a transmission bearing and or torque converter related issue.
What year truck? How many miles?
Has the problem just showed up or been progressively getting more noticeable?
2019 Tacoma 3.5l with 94,000 miles and it just started after the stall issue that I mentioned. Thanks for your reply and I have it scheduled to go in.

Upvote 0
Back