• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Thinking pedal commander? Watch this before you buy

So with this installed, is there little to no use for the ECT button?

I tow a boat with my Taco so I'm wondering how'd it perform with the PC installed?

is this better or the OVtune?
There both completely different so if u want to add power go ov tune that’s a actual tune, this one just controls ur gas pedal so it’s technically not adding power it’s just adjusting the way your pedal responding for example in sport mode if u barely tap the gas it tricks the computer thinking ur flooring it, it’s fun overall it gives the truck an extra bump on take off but that’s the difference
As far as ov tune it’s an overall actual tune,

So with this installed, is there little to no use for the ECT button?

I tow a boat with my Taco so I'm wondering how'd it perform with the PC installed?
Basically yea I would be keep it in maybe city +1 and that’s similar to ect but keep in mind all this is doing is adjusting ur pedal response, I havnt towed anything big with it yet so I can’t really confirm that though

Hey All,

The one thing that annoys me about the stock tune is the truck just loves to upshift prematurely! I make a turn where the road goes uphill, and just as I turn onto the road, I'm in 3rd gear then I'm quickly brought into 4th gear and then it's quickly back to 3rd gear because of the grade....

Has the pedal commander addressed this for you?

Hey All,

The one thing that annoys me about the stock tune is the truck just loves to upshift prematurely! I make a turn where the road goes uphill, and just as I turn onto the road, I'm in 3rd gear then I'm quickly brought into 4th gear and then it's quickly back to 3rd gear because of the grade....

Has the pedal commander addressed this for you?
It helps yea I usually kee it in city on the streets and it helps

I have had one for a few years in my jeep. Also just added to the taco. I think it's even better in the taco. I think the device is worth the money.

Back