• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The Price of Tires today… Crazy?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Today My wife and I decide to replace my Son’s two rear tires. For Christmas last year we gave him a JBA upper control arm, and just got it install for him. 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD
We went to a tire shop for wheel alignment.

The tires size 275/70r/ 17 BFG KO2 A/T The cost - $380.00 each not included is the taxes, balance, installing. And disposal. The the shop mention since last year the cost of truck tires has been rising and rising. Crazy! At least 50%.
And within the year the two front ones will need to replace too. Kona, Hawaii.

What are you paying for your tires today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy moly! I spent just over a grand for a set of five earlier this year and I thought that was bad. I haven't looked to see what that'd be these days.

MSRP from BFG

1663239953639.png

1663239993890.png

Yea I spent around $1,200 to $1,300 for a new set of BFGoodrich's... That's even with my discounts -_- (I had them installed and an alignment done at the same time)

Sometimes they take advantage,

Tire - $320 (cost)
Tmps - $30-90 (El Cheapo - OE)
Mount/Balance - $20-30 (Should be included with purchase)
Disposal - $20 (Some charge this x2 / old out /new on)

They know how to play ball very well,

Thanks guys , the cost of tires in Hawaii can be a bit more.
Costco-Kona many times will not mount tires over two sizes. over ( factory specs).
Tire rack & other tire companies that sells to Hawaii we got to add shipping cost too. And if only tires, We have to pay to get a local company to mount them.

When you look at the cost of lifts, tires and rims? and all the aftermarket parts. “Whew”. Crazy!

And it is only getting worst with the present conditions of the world. Be safe take care.

I paid $1005 out the door, mounted, balanced.

265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 C Load. I went small to clear my stock stuff, now that I'm lifted I've debated on going skinny 33's 255/80/17. But those were unobtainium at the time of buying.

Back