• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Teledan's new Taco

Teledan

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey all! My name is Dan and I just joined. I am from Utah and I just picked up a 2018 QC Long Bed Off-Road which happens to be my first Tacoma! I am downsizing a bit, coming from a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab. We sold our travel trailer and then the Dodge started having some issues so instead of dumping money into it I decided to get a new truck. I am super excited about the Tacoma, I think it is going to be a great truck for me and perfect for what I need it for. We do a lot of camping and fishing, sometimes doing a bit of off roading to get to some good camping/fishing spots. The truck is pretty much stock except for the shell (and the TRD Pro wheels/grill that were added by the dealer when the PO bought it). I think I will probably lift it a little and replace the side steps with something else. Other than that I don't really have any other plans for mods but I usually can't leave things alone too long so we'll see what happens :) A little bit more about me, I love to fly fish, I am into motorcycles, guitars, metalworking, and skiing. As far as vehicles go, I also have a KTM 690 Enduro and our family has a couple of old Land Rover Defender 90s that we like to play around with. Oh and my wife drives a 2012 Highlander so it is nice to have another Toyota in the family. Anyway, here is a pic of the new taco. Thanks for having me!

IMG_6931.jpg

Thanks! Just pretty basic manual machining and some hobby welding (MIG and TIG). I got into it mostly because of my motorcycles, but I have done other stuff too like rock sliders for my brother’s Defender 90, aluminum ATV ramps, etc. Haven’t done any CNC machining but I studied drafting/CAD in college (didn’t end up going into the field though).

Thanks! Just pretty basic manual machining and some hobby welding (MIG and TIG). I got into it mostly because of my motorcycles, but I have done other stuff too like rock sliders for my brother’s Defender 90, aluminum ATV ramps, etc. Haven’t done any CNC machining but I studied drafting/CAD in college (didn’t end up going into the field though).
Shot you a message.

Back