• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma4G?!?!?

Tacoma.prod

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Tacoma3G — What’s going to happen when the 4th Gens come out? Do you think Tacoma3G will fizzle out? What are some of your goals / missions that set you apart from your competition out there (ie Tacoma World)?

Don’t mean to be a debbie-downer but just looking into the future and trying to anticipate what’s to come. I like the layout and the organization of the Tacoma3G. Would like to see this community continue on as long as possible.

PROD

We’ll still be here. By that time hopefully we have at least 7 more years like the gen2. 7 years allowing us to cement our place in third gens will be a huge factor. And then if the 4g is just as cool it’ll be time for a baby sister site

Hey Tacoma3G — What’s going to happen when the 4th Gens come out? Do you think Tacoma3G will fizzle out? What are some of your goals / missions that set you apart from your competition out there (ie Tacoma World)?

Don’t mean to be a debbie-downer but just looking into the future and trying to anticipate what’s to come. I like the layout and the organization of the Tacoma3G. Would like to see this community continue on as long as possible.

PROD
Pretty much what @Jay said.

We have about 5-7 more years until the 4G is starting to become a thing. That is a massive timeframe for this site to become extremely established and seasoned in the Tacoma community.

If the 4G is cool, I’d definitely consider creating a sister site. We would likely be the first and only 4G specific site, just like how 3G is now.

How are we different from TacomaWorld? Well, first of all, TW has obviously been around since the internet started and truely has endless information on these trucks. There is a negative side to that though, which is orginazation and ease of use for the 3rd gen members. More often than not, the answer to the question you were looking for is for a 2nd gen. And the actual 3rd gen forum is just one little spot with a high amount of traffic making it hard to keep up with.

By no means do I think we here to replace TW. We are just filling a niche that didn’t exist yet (3rd gen specific) and forming a pretty tight-knit community that you may not get at TW.

Lastly, and I have no problem saying this, our site design is 1000% prettier and more up-to-date than TW. A lot of people see that and prefer our design and layout.

As always, if you have any suggestions for us, let us know!

Back