• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma3G MEETUP at SANDSTONE CANYON!

Malcolm

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey FAM,

I posted a poll and you guys answered! such awesome responses from everyone which is greatly appreciated. I will continue to post polls for meetups as there are places some people havent seen but would like to see, and some people who want to see these places again! all around I have an assload of trails lined up for our meets, some more intense, some very easy, but all together a fun time! SO HERE IT IS!!!

TACOMA3G'S 4TH COMMUNITY MEETUP AT SANDSTONE CANYON VIA FISH CREEK WASH!
T3Gmeet4.png

I will be heading out there and arriving a bit before 10AM to anticipate people arriving. Sandstone Canyon is a large area with hours of play time, generally a flat trail, but there are offshoots where we can do some crawlin. This meetup will be a CAMPING OPTIONAL meet. Hopefully the community decides to join me in good food, drinking, card games, and night trail runs! It will be hot out there so please remember plenty of water (beer counts). Bring some food for the day, we will have some lunch partway through, and we will setup a base camp later in the day, and during the actual sandstone canyon trail run, as it is tight with a narrow turn around, but very worth it to pass through. The Sandstone Canyon trail is an awesome place to snag some awesome photos of your rigs!

I hope to see you all out there, and as always all the information is on the flyer!

Hey FAM,

I posted a poll and you guys answered! such awesome responses from everyone which is greatly appreciated. I will continue to post polls for meetups as there are places some people havent seen but would like to see, and some people who want to see these places again! all around I have an assload of trails lined up for our meets, some more intense, some very easy, but all together a fun time! SO HERE IT IS!!!

T3Gmeet4.png

I will be heading out there and arriving a bit before 10AM to anticipate people arriving. Sandstone Canyon is a large area with hours of play time, generally a flat trail, but there are offshoots where we can do some crawlin. This meetup will be a CAMPING OPTIONAL meet. Hopefully the community decides to join me in good food, drinking, card games, and night trail runs! It will be hot out there so please remember plenty of water (beer counts). Bring some food for the day, we will have some lunch partway through, and we will setup a base camp later in the day, and during the actual sandstone canyon trail run, as it is tight with a narrow turn around, but very worth it to pass through. The Sandstone Canyon trail is an awesome place to snag some awesome photos of your rigs!

I hope to see you all out there, and as always all the information is on the flyer!
Super stoked for this. We are newbies and hope it’s okay? Also we can only do day trip so being out before dark is crucial. Is this doable for us?

Super stoked for this. We are newbies and hope it’s okay? Also we can only do day trip so being out before dark is crucial. Is this doable for us?
Fish Creek Wash and the first part of Sandstone Canyon are easily doable with a stock and even 2WD. Once you reach the first "gate keeper" at Sandstone you'll want armor. Just be prepared for 100+ temps. and no cell service etc.

Yes completely! The overall trail is very easy, and that was my intent this time with this meetup. After a while Ill be leading the way back towards the entrance of the trail for anyone not wanting to stay and the. Bring everyone to the site I plan on setting up camp at. There will be many side trails along the way as the main one is not very intense at all and more so flat. But none of them would be beyond your capabilities

Yes completely! The overall trail is very easy, and that was my intent this time with this meetup. After a while Ill be leading the way back towards the entrance of the trail for anyone not wanting to stay and the. Bring everyone to the site I plan on setting up camp at. There will be many side trails along the way as the main one is not very intense at all and more so flat. But none of them would be beyond your capabilities

Awesome I’m 99% sure we will be there. Think we are just above stock ;). Here is th latest progress pic.

Attachments

• B8E77A80-21B1-44EC-94E8-529F6753DE99.jpeg
    B8E77A80-21B1-44EC-94E8-529F6753DE99.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hey FAM,

T3Gmeet4.png

This should be awesome time ?

Count me in. I am planning to be there at the crack of dawn to do a little shooting along the railroad tracks before it heats up.

Hey FAM,

T3Gmeet4.png

So I was checking out some videos of sandstone and I was wondering will long bed Be okay up and down the slides without sliders ?

So I was checking out some videos of sandstone and I was wondering will long bed Be okay up and down the slides without sliders ?

First group I’ll be riding with @Tyler and we will be stacking r Cos for the rest of the groups at the trouble area

Is this where you plan to meet? Figure some may want a map. If this is the wrong spot let me know and I'll take it down.

Split Mountain Rd, Borrego Springs, CA 92004

33°02'23.0"N 116°05'48.0"W

https://goo.gl/maps/jGKrTfqz8R52

Last edited:
You can also search sandstone canyon via fish creek wash and it will take you to the meetup point

First group I’ll be riding with @Tyler and we will be stacking r Cos for the rest of the groups at the trouble area

Bro’s. Sorry I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. The wifey had to go to emergency and she is good but we have to keep it low key this weekend. Little bumbed out about it but family first!!

Bro’s. Sorry I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. The wifey had to go to emergency and she is good but we have to keep it low key this weekend. Little bumbed out about it but family first!!
Of course man, take care of that above all! Hope everything is okay and we will see you at the next one!

Back