• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma3G and Tres Amigos Fundraiser benefitting FirefighterAid.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Nobody

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Hello T3G!!

As some of you may be aware I have been doing a fundraiser with some friends of mine and I have been meaning to post about it here. @Tyler , @Malcolm , and Tacoma3G have been super supportive and I hope you will be as well. We have been working on this behind the scenes as a way to make T3G more than just a Tacoma website, but THE premiere Tacoma website capable of doing something beneficial for our communities through the efforts and support of our T3G community. I hope that as a member of T3G you wish to become a part of our goals, and make them your own. This is our T3G fundraiser and something that will be a success we can all be proud of. On to the nitty gritty details and such...

Who we are:
A trio of mustachioed firefighters and our wives, traveling the country and raising awareness and donations for firefighter organizations one mile at a time through America’s greatest landmarks.

4FF1NFmhVXKluSFIlj34Dwc8v93gcLfUr5wB4GurugBNxfbiPqSySfKTWrQIkBsCuaoIqalWnXk2x_9R3-3kEK4URwFl7MKWMoqJz5EXHOGanLmflNRpnzDu7yrQOiQChI8s0IFf

What we’re doing:
We started the Tres Amigos Firefighter Fund as a way to give back to our community of fellow firefighters. Knowing that cancer is the leading cause of death among firefighters today, we want to do everything we can to help raise money for organizations working to reduce this occupational risk.

Every dollar we raise goes directly towards supporting the development and implementation of FirefighterAid’s Cancer Awareness and Prevention Program (CAPP). FireifghterAid is a non-profit 501(c)3 based out of San Diego, CA that my wife and I have helped raise over $30,000 for over the last 4 years. We've seen the good work they do firsthand and trust them as an organization. FireifghterAid's CAPP program's sole purpose is to reinforce best practices in the workplace in an effort to reduce the rates of occupational cancer amongst firefighters. CAPP is on a mission to transform habits and behaviors in the fire service, and educate firefighters on how they can protect themselves every day from the threat of cancer.

Our goal for the Tres Amigos Firefighter Fund is to raise $125,000 over the next 5 years for FirefighterAid and other firefighter organizations across the country and to help spread the mission of, and distribute CAPP all across the country.

To do this we've not only partnered with Tacoma3G and FirefighterAid, but with other great patriotic and community oriented companies like...
GovX.com

Mountain Hatch

Rago Fabrication

Baja Designs

Switch Pros

Dirt King Fabrication

fifteen52

Truck Brigade

These companies have all joined us to ensure that not only do the trucks make it through the next 5 years and many miles, but that we have some killer swag to divvy out at events along the way to those who support us in our goal.

What we’re asking of the T3G community:
  • Spread the word by sharing what we're doing with your friends and family.
  • Reach out to us as we plan to travel the country in the coming years. We'd love to organize an event with offroad enthusiasts, fire departments, or first responders in you area.
  • If you are a vendor, or company looking to support in some way we would love to hear from you and figure out how we can do so.
  • Consider making a tax deductible donation to our fundraiser page here.
  • And lastly, consider purchasing one or more of the 1st batch of patches. Each patch supports the fundraiser, and FirefighterAid and is just $13 shipped anywhere in North America. So send me a DM if you'd like to order.

Lastly I'd just like to say thank you to all of the T3G community. Over the last year this site has grown a lot and we have gained many new members, yet the site still remains the same well mannered, legitimately enjoyable place to converse about the trucks and things we all enjoy. The T3G staff, moderators all want T3G to be the best Tacoma site there is, that everyone wants to converse on, not just the cool kids. So thank you for making the site grow in the way it has, because it's legitimately a joy to help this site grow. I hope you guys like the idea for the fundraiser we have going on and I hope you'll join us in supporting first responders nationwide. If you have questions or want to chat about the project, where we are going, and what we'll be doing over the next 5 years feel free to post up in this thread!

- Andy

Attachments

• Tacoma3g-1.png
    Tacoma3g-1.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 59
Next order of business... ROAD TRIP!!!!

A big part of this is hitting the road and travelling the country while supporting FirefighterAid and their mission to minimize occupational cancers in the fire service.

Our next trip will be...

Dates: July 25th - August 13th 2019
Where to: Bend Oregon
Route: From San Diego, CA up through the Eastern Sierras stopping around Mammoth Lakes, CA. Heading north and stopping around Mount Shasta. Then continuing north to Bend where we will stay for a few days before heading back south to San Diego. Not sure if we'll be hitting the western Sierras on the way down or the coast.

If you are in the Bend Oregon area around July 29 -August 3rd we'd love to meet up.

Happy #fundraisingfriday Tacoma3G!!! We've got less than a week until the 2019 SD 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb and we want to make a strong showing this year of the support we've received from the offroad community. So please consider purchasing one (or more?) of our charity fundraising truck patches for $13/each, or the truck patch and the two charity patches for $26 with shipping included. ▫
You can also make a 100% tax deductible donation by going to https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/2111904 . All funds raised through donation and patch sales go to support first responders and their families in times of crisis.

Thanks for all your support and I hope you'll help us finish this year's fundraiser strong!!!

Screenshot9520190829-21531895Chrome.jpg
IMG_20190709_123709_526.jpg

IMG_20190809_094231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back