• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma & Tundra?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
My wife just purchase a use 2001 4x4 Tundra 83,310 miles. Her cousin past away and we kinda inherited the Tundra. It need brake work,A/C was not working, trans oil leaking (simple fix). All those was done, at a reasonable cost. (PAU) -Hawaiian word.
Transfer case needs replacing. We are waiting for estimates. Only the 2H & 4H is working. Will not shift into 4L.

My thoughts after driving it around, I found this Tundra is fun to drive , it handles the coffee roads better then my 2019 TRD OR . The Tundra was a better ride and handles the off roads well.. On the highways handles the roads very well. (Stock). Has BFGs A/T. 32’s . First thing you will notice is the seat height, BETTER! Compare to the Tacoma -seats are low in height.

The 2001 Tundra is awesome truck. I would give it 9/10, compared to my 2019 Tacoma 8/10. The only thing next is it has a timing belt. Later models have timing chain. Eats gas for sure! It will be use mostly for the farm. (License for street). We also have 1999 4x4 Ford Ranger - No license, only farm use. Now we have a back-Up 4x4.

2019 Tacoma, The safety features,all the new electronics, crawl controls, makes the newer Toyota a superior truck. Vs old 2001 Toyota Tundra.
The Tundra has way better door mirrors - 2X better.

In the end I like the Tundra. At the same time I like my Tacoma. Now I see why people like there Tundras - it’s a great truck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha Ulua—funny I just saw this post and the other day my buddy offered yet again to sell me his ‘15 tundra limited. He barely drives it any more and it’s been garaged most it’s life. Something like 60k on the dash. Thing is clean inside and out, and now I’m even more scared to sit in it lest I start building a fleet of Toyota trucks too. Glad you’re enjoying yours 🤙

A Limited Tundra might be worth buying. The Tundra seems to hold it value too!
I was surprised the 2001 Tundra (Auto books). The going rate was from $7,000- $13,000. (21 years old)

That’s impressive for the age —just did the KBB for my friends Tundra.. may need to postpone any purchase plans!

Back