• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wanted Tacoma Truck

Lastsamurai213

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Tacoma, preferably a 2010+ with close to 125k miles and around $16.5k. Even if you know something from word of mouth please, I would love to know! (These are merely preferences. If you know a tacoma around these, I would still like to know)

Last edited:
Where are you located? I'm sure there's a bunch of 2nd Gens out there in that price range.
I'm located in the south. From Florida but going to college in Georgia and their surprising not. I cant find anything that isn't completely rusted or just 25k for a 2009 lol.

I'm located in the south. From Florida but going to college in Georgia and their surprising not. I cant find anything that isn't completely rusted or just 25k for a 2009 lol.
Where in Florida? Lol.

Zip code? How far are you willing to drive to get one if it's a good buy.

4x4? Cool with a PreRunner?
Double Cab? Ok with Access Cab?
How much driving do you do in a year?

Might have to go older with low miles to get to your

For budget are you aiming for a monthly payment or just going for $16.5k?

You're right and I'm surprised.

Last edited:
For the 15K range you can plan on a good 150-200K miles in a certified Toyota.
Lot gambles are 100 -200K for 10-15K
You can get a certified 15K Tacoma from a dealer with a payment plan.

Where in Florida? Lol.

Zip code? How far are you willing to drive to get one if it's a good buy.

4x4? Cool with a PreRunner?
Double Cab? Ok with Access Cab?
How much driving do you do in a year?

Might have to go older with low miles to get to your

For budget are you aiming for a monthly payment or just going for $16.5k?

You're right and I'm surprised.
33904 and I'm in college but my parents are willing to check one out for me around 60 miles away. And yes 4x4 with a double cab is preferable and I don't do much driving except when I drive down to Florida which is about 560 miles. I'm just going for 16.5k as long as there is wiggle room to potentially drive the price down.

For the 15K range you can plan on a good 150-200K miles in a certified Toyota.
Lot gambles are 100 -200K for 10-15K
You can get a certified 15K Tacoma from a dealer with a payment plan.
Yes I know but I can do only cash. Like I said, I'm a college student and my parents are helping me out they have conditions on the parameters of the truck so they don't have to worry about bigger milage engine problems.

Yes I know but I can do only cash. Like I said, I'm a college student and my parents are helping me out they have conditions on the parameters of the truck so they don't have to worry about bigger milage engine problems.
Enter your zip code and use the filter for type (options) and cash amount.
This will give you solid leads with comparable values.

Enter your zip code and use the filter for type (options) and cash amount.
This will give you solid leads with comparable values.

I was curious and had some down time, so I tried looking.
From the zip codes from his home and a random college in Georgia the results didn't seem so good. Like 2 popped up and they were both 500+ miles away from the zip codes. Either 200k+ or would have to go older.
Even upping mileage, it was basically all Pre-Runners.

Might have to get that Christmas and Birthday Gift advance. Sell your butthole pictures on OnlyFans.

Sometimes its best to get a new vehicle and trade up or keep it. (if you take care of it)
Hard to get people to understand the "dont buy other peoples problems" in used vehicles.

When I looked for a used 2020 up used it became obvious,.............. 5K more you got a new truck.
Resale on a GOOD vehicle is not a great buy,........... you pay for what you get.

15K is going to get a 2nd Gen "hope for the best" truck.
25K is going to get a 3rd Gen Certified Toyota.

55K is going to get a 4th Gen Bug Patrol ,..... you pay for what you get (lets be honest)

Sometimes its best to get a new vehicle and trade up or keep it. (if you take care of it)
Hard to get people to understand the "dont buy other peoples problems" in used vehicles.

When I looked for a used 2020 up used it became obvious,.............. 5K more you got a new truck.
Resale on a GOOD vehicle is not a great buy,........... you pay for what you get.

15K is going to get a 2nd Gen "hope for the best" truck.
25K is going to get a 3rd Gen Certified Toyota.

55K is going to get a 4th Gen Bug Patrol ,..... you pay for what you get (lets be honest)
Yeah that's true lol. Im just gonna have to hope for the best and hope prices will go down :(

I was curious and had some down time, so I tried looking.
From the zip codes from his home and a random college in Georgia the results didn't seem so good. Like 2 popped up and they were both 500+ miles away from the zip codes. Either 200k+ or would have to go older.
Even upping mileage, it was basically all Pre-Runners.

Might have to get that Christmas and Birthday Gift advance. Sell your butthole pictures on OnlyFans.
Yeah i was thinking more feet finder

Have you checked on Facebook Marketplace and other forums?
Yes I check, FB, autotempest, car gurus, this forum, and a bunch others. Ill find one eventually, it'll just take some time for the prices to go down with the 4th gens rolling out

Yes I check, FB, autotempest, car gurus, this forum, and a bunch others. Ill find one eventually, it'll just take some time for the prices to go down with the 4th gens rolling out
I think people thought that with 2nd Gens, but those prices didn't really drop. I want to say might be the same.
Since the Tacoma was holding the #1 resale value spot.

Back