• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Taco in Corona, Noob

Taco in Corona

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
I'm and old guy who retired from the medical field on 9-16. I spent 2 years thinking and wondering what I was going to do. In late 2018 I discovered Over Landing and thought it would be a fun thing to do. I have been a tent and Pop Up camper user in another life but have not done it in over 20 years, life always seems to get in the way. After several months research I bought a 2019 Tacoma, 4X4, Cement, Off Road, DCLB, my plan was/is to convert it to an Overland Rig.

The first thing I bought for it were Wet Okoles, I've been a truck owner most of my life and I always installed Wet Okoles in all of them. Since then I have installed RCI sliders, full skids, a topper and a large Yakima rack on top of the topper. I'm in the process of turning it into a camper, I'm not a fan of RTTs and don't want to pull a trailer.

I plan to install solar panels, 300 watts, 200 permanent and 100 plug-in remote, on the rack which I will use to charge my Kodiak, that in turn will run my 12 volt fridge and use it to charge my computer and various associated electronic devices, lights, fan, phone etc. The rack will also be used to hold my solar shower. I will also install a HAM and CB radio. The rack will also hold a large Pelican case to hold the emergency equipment, compressor, hand tools, jumper cables, tow strap etc. By the way, I already have all of the equipment mentioned I just need to figure out where to install it and build the bed and shelves to hold everything.

My next purchase, next year, will be a set of all terrain tires, I've narrowed it down to Mickey Thompson's Baja MTZ P3s, Dick Cepek Trail Country EXPs or Cooper ST Maxx. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

I don't plan to do rock crawling or mudding but you never know what you will encounter. Because of that I have not made up my mind If I'm going to get a steel front bumper with a winch and off road lights.

Not planning in doing a lift, or rear steel bumper but I do realize that I may need to upgrade the leaf springs.

My plan is to be able to sustain myself for up to 2 weeks out in the Boonies.

No pictures because: I have not taken any and I have not figured out how to post them.

If you have read this far, I Thank You.
Pedro Pena
AKA: Taco in Corona

welcome

i think the mickeys and DC are made by Cooper tires so they look similar. I had st maxx and performed great but got really noisy so i'm using General Tire Grabber ATX. I like em so far.

Welcome to Tacoma3g!

Sounds like you have a great list of things you already have for the truck to make it fit your lifestyle! Now all we need is pictures ?

You have certainly thought about this and it shows. We need to get you figured out how to post pictures because I'd love to see you build this.

Welcome to T3G and congrats on retirement ?

Back