• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sup! 2017 Taco off road

rickybrewski

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Hello, Tacoma 3G community! The name is Ricky and I own a 2017 Tacoma Off-Road. I live in Denver, Colorado. Bought my truck in February 2018 and haven't done much to the thing. Don't know much about lift kits and all the awesome things you guys do with your rigs, nor am I knowledgeable about installing kits and such. So, can't wait to learn and get tips and tricks from all of you guys. Also, I am a welder, so maybe I will be able to weld some parts for myself with some blueprints? If they're available online haha. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 91
Hey man, welcome to the forum! Thanks for the donation too. Your truck looks like a crispy start to an expensive hobby. Is the Dodge yours too?

And since you’re a welder you do have some advantages. A likely one is being able to do your own cab mount chop which is something you might want to do if you run 34”+ size tires.

Hey man, welcome to the forum! Thanks for the donation too. Your truck looks like a crispy start to an expensive hobby. Is the Dodge yours too?
nope! just the taco, and yes willing too drop some cash on this beauty!

And since you’re a welder you do have some advantages. A likely one is being able to do your own cab mount chop which is something you might want to do if you run 34”+ size tires.
cab mount chop? doesn't sound too nice lol

cab mount chop? doesn't sound too nice lol
It has an intimidating name but you’re just cutting a small section of metal and rewelding a new piece in its place. It gives you some extra clearance when you run bigger tires, otherwise they like to rub said area.

You’ll learn more about it as you research/plan things, lol.

It has an intimidating name but you’re just cutting a small section of metal and rewelding a new piece in its place. It gives you some extra clearance when you run bigger tires, otherwise they like to rub said area.

You’ll learn more about it as you research/plan things, lol.
looking forward to it!

Back