• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suggestions for Tyler and Paige as they explore Oregon for the next several weeks

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
This is mainly a post to remind me but feel free to add suggestions!

Powerland Powerland Heritage Park (https://www.antiquepowerland.com/)

So Powerland Heritage Park is amazing and it's what happens when people with hobbies like trains or trucks or steam engines or fire trucks all get together and make a museum but then they open it right next door to another museum in the same vein. It's ~15 museums filled with amazing stuff in the space of a typical county fairground.

The Great Steam Up is a yearly event where all the museums that make up Powerland are all open and all the museum members bring their own stuff as well and its like nothing you've ever seen before. Also a swap meet! JULY 30 & 31 AND AUGUST 6 & 7, 2022

I've been going to this for about 12 years or so, oddly enough it was recommended in a book by Chuck Palahniuk who wrote Fight Club

Paulina Peak Observation Site

This is apparently closed right now. Not sure why. The area is really nice if you wanted to go see if it's actually closed

I reached out to the locals to see if anyone has the DL, no consensus so far

Original link: https://old.reddit.com/r/Bend/comments/vw2chh/paulina_peak_observation_site_is_still_showing_up/

If it is closed there is also Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint that you can drive to the top of, it's a butte right in the middle of Bend and it has a great view, not as great as Paulina Peak...but pretty good.

Last edited:
The Alvord Desert

and at the same time The Steens

Just about every overlander in Oregon has gone out here...except me. Things keep getting in the way. Anyway, the Alvord is a massive lawless playa. My plan was to go there on day one and then climb the Steens Mtns. loop and camp up there on night two. There are a LOT of videos about it from local youtubers. The main concern is that there is a lack of gas stations out there so you want to do some planning on that front.

Crater Lake

Okay, so it's kinda touristy around the main lodge and the campgrounds are packed (but easy to find dispersed camping outside the park) but the whole place is pretty damn amazing. Taking the boat to Wizard island is neat but it's also very expensive and time consuming. Driving around the whole caldera is great though and most people don't do that so it's less populated. My wife really enjoyed hiking Mt. Scott (on the loop road) as well.

Silver Falls State Park

This place has a ridiculous amount of waterfalls. I've hiked the trail of ten waterfalls several times and I recommend it. This place also gets very crowded but once to get out on the trail it lightens up. If you like waterfalls this is the place to go, if waterfalls don't float your boat you can give it a pass.

+1 Crater Lake. Yeah tourists but they can be avoided, and it is one of the most incredible sights. I’m awe struck every time I go.

Anywhere on the coast. Hiking, camping, beaches, kitschy stores and corn dogs. I absolutely love the Oregon coast and will never ever tire of it.

Back