• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Stolen Lightbar

Manbun525

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
Not even sure where to post this but has anyone had their lightbar stolen off their prinsu rack? Woke up this morning and my lightbar was gone, and not just unscrewed or unbolted. They used bolt cutters and just cut clean through the mounting brackets. Out here in AZ near Happy Valley and 67th Ave, what I thought was one of the better neighborhoods in the valley and this shit still happens. If I decide to ever get another one, any suggestions on how to secure it? I mean they just cut the brackets so no welds or bulletproof screws/bolts would even work, just bigger brackets or maybe weld covers over the brackets. Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg

If they just clean cut through the brackets, I'm at a loss as to what would deter them from doing something else. Maybe more metal over the points of contact to hinder people from cutting. But damn, that sucks.

If they want it bad enough they're going to get it.

Some people are just horrible humans beings.
I agree. The best thing any security hardware will do is deter an easy and convenient lift.

Not even sure where to post this but has anyone had their lightbar stolen off their prinsu rack? Woke up this morning and my lightbar was gone, and not just unscrewed or unbolted. They used bolt cutters and just cut clean through the mounting brackets. Out here in AZ near Happy Valley and 67th Ave, what I thought was one of the better neighborhoods in the valley and this shit still happens. If I decide to ever get another one, any suggestions on how to secure it? I mean they just cut the brackets so no welds or bulletproof screws/bolts would even work, just bigger brackets or maybe weld covers over the brackets. Thanks
Maybe you can orient the crossbars in such a way the mounting brackets are not exposed for an easy cut? I'll have to look at how mine is setup but, I know I didn't use wind deflector crossbar to mount mine.

For some reason I read the title as:

Stolen Lightsaber​

And I thought, have you investigated the Sith?

Dang man sorry to hear that... super annoying (n)

This is why I don't buy expensive lights for my rig. As said above if they want it bad enough, they'll get it.
Best you could probably do is beef up the brackets or buy a cheaper light bar so when it's stolen again it won't sting as much.

No one touches the cheap lightbar on my Jeep but on the taco I put the lightbar in the bumper this time around... and the ditch lights have the torx screws but yeah, if they want them bad enough they'll get them.

Sorry for the damage they caused, the missing hardware and the frustration you're left with when you get violated like this. Good luck :/

This just SUCKS! Sorry to hear man. I'd go on CraigsList and search for a light bar and see if yours doesn't turn up. If it does I'm happy to join you along with a blow torch and some pipe cutters to do some damage on these scumbags!

I saw someone comment on TW thought I'd add here might be a decent idea to weld some kind of like gusset corner so there's not room or good angle for them to fit bolt cutters. Probably what I'll do when I eventually get diode dyanmics bar. I'm still terrified one day of coming out to my truck missing bumpers because you can see the bolts holding it on from a mile away

My dad and I came in to the car lot one morning to find two suburbans sitting on wood blocks, all wheels and tires gone. Came out smelling like a rose, insurance paid for new wheels and tires.
My wife and I lost our two mountain bikes (That we hadn't ridden together for about 3 years due to our recently hatched kids) to thieves recently...and then were able to purchase one really nice bike with the money we got from our renter's insurance.

You might consider checking into your homeowners or rental insurance. You might just get a really sweet deal out of this. Hope it works out.

My dad and I came in to the car lot one morning to find two suburbans sitting on wood blocks, all wheels and tires gone. Came out smelling like a rose, insurance paid for new wheels and tires.
My wife and I lost our two mountain bikes (That we hadn't ridden together for about 3 years due to our recently hatched kids) to thieves recently...and then were able to purchase one really nice bike with the money we got from our renter's insurance.

You might consider checking into your homeowners or rental insurance. You might just get a really sweet deal out of this. Hope it works out.
Speaking of insurance, do any of you guys insure the aftermarket mods on your trucks? I think it's called an endorsement or rider's policy?

yeah how exactly does insurance work when it comes to things like this. We rent now, would renters cover stolen truck part? and would auto cover it if not extra "endorsements" are added to my insurance, guess ill call and see what they have to say, thanks.

Our bikes were covered under the renters insurance. Dig up a receipt from way back, they refunded minus our deductible.

Sucks to see.

Everything will be a deterrent not theft proof.

I'd recommend a dashcam to record movement for a police report.

I have a Blackvue on my YouTube channel about that.

I'm assuming the brackets were aluminum. You could fab up really thick steel ones to slow bolt cutters down.

Back