• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

sPOD, worth it or cheaper alt?

Mhaley2324

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Have been looking into upgrading my off road light set up and was wondering if anyone had experience installing and using the sPOD touchscreen?

Have been looking into upgrading my off road light set up and was wondering if anyone had experience installing and using the sPOD touchscreen?
Spud has manual toggle for less and as far as I am aware cali raised also has one, but currently cannot be found on there site x install is pretty straight forward not to complicated

Spod is good stuff but SwitchPros is as good quality if you're okay to forego the touchscreen.

There's other alternatives but it really just depends on your budget and expectations of quality.

I’m also interested in what the options are as I’m gonna have some additional lighting on my truck soon. I prefer nothing fancy and kind of hidden inside the cab to be honest.

I would say go with the switch pro 9100. I can use my phone or iPad as a touch screen. This way you don’t just have a screen chilling on your dash.....just another reason for someone to break in and steal something IMO

Honestly the touchscreen is kinda cool, but is it practical for the additional 300-400$ price tag? The pros to the Spod is that it utilizes a relay box that you can screw on connections instead of having to splice wires together, I think it is convenient, but again you can bypass that and get a nice bluesea relay box and switch pros for cheaper than the Spod system.

I really enjoy my switch pros because of its functionality and ease of use, having everything being programmable by bluetooth is awesome, and its very simple to install. IMO because of these reasons I personally like it more than the Spod

Here is the Switch-Pros on my iPad
C2771368-3532-4EA1-961C-2E99D165A28D.jpeg

Back