• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spindle Upgrade

zweisman

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I've got the Camburg UCA's up front, and with all my preload, they're pretty much maxed out at normal ride height. Curious if anyone has gone and put on some longer spindles yet. The only ones I know of are the maxtrac 4" spindles, curious if anyone has gone this route to reduce the stress on their UCA's.

What coilovers and spring rate do you have? Any extra weight? Oem springs are 712 lb/in vs 2nd gen which are 540-590 lb/in. 600lb springs that come on allot of coilovers don't really cut it on 3rd gens without adding a ton of pre-load.

How are the UCAs maxed out?

Problem with longer spindles/knuckles is it doesn’t keep everything in line. You’ll have an elevated lca with a flat uca so as you cycle suspension the ball joint relation will be in a constant state of change. Unless you lower the lca to match the uca.

Back