• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spencer's 2020 Cement DCSB Off-Road "Build" (Slow)

Right on man! Being able to combine hobbies and skills is what makes these trucks so much fun I think. They can get you anywhere and you can do anything. Then shoot terabytes of content :D

and yeah totally makes sense about having a vision for your truck. I complimented you because you made similar design choices as me :D and yours is already further along than my build so its nice to see what near future may look like. I went with low profile amber ditch lights and amber fog lights so I'm liking how it looks on yours for sure.

It's been a busy past week!! Here's a short video I filmed and edited of our weekend trip out to Waiparous! Had alot of fun for the first time taking this Taco' out!! If you've got a sec. and wanna help my support my channel and leave a comment I'd appreciate that very much.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7IUWfuPkk&t=

Also installed a RA Motorsports custom made panel for the rear bed! Super stoked on this! (We've been having backyard fires so much lately, love it)

DSC03729 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Also picked up the RA Motorsports bed rack...

DSC03728 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Tossed some recovery boards on, haha.. I'll probably have these on more in the Winter time for helping people out when they're stuck in snow.

DSC03763 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Then drove up to Edmonton, to get some PPF work done, and install some new headlights...

DSC03951 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC03955 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC04043 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

New video of the Morimoto Headlights! A little bit different format in the way I voiced-over this one and was able to film in a different style! Really happy with how this one turned out. I've been spending so many hours lately on my editing and composition of videos and hope to keep the momentum going and growing my YT Channel.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pJGuAwRJEs&t=

A few recent clicks...

DSC04139 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC04194 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC04162 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC04129 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC04160 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Had the folks' at the Posh Lab here in Edmonton do some xpel protection on the new morimoto's to keep them protected! Too expensive to let them get abused by the harsh Canadian winters haha...

One of my favorite videos so far I've done, if you got a few mins to check it out and leave a comment I'd be very thankful!!

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwbLSTHPs0&t=

I hate when tires get that sort of dried-out look and begin turning brown/ grey.. I know people sometimes just slap a tire dressing over top but then I find that all will sling off right away.. looks bad. So I made some sort of really cinematic DIY on how I clean (scrub) the rubber treads on the tires and then use tire dressing.. sticks and lasts way longer, looks so much better, and really no downside! Nice Sunday afternoon while doing some jobs out in the Garage!

If you haven't seen or used CarPro's HydrO2 stuff before, it's seriously awesome stuff (especially for wheels).

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUOVDfSMhA&t=167s

DSC04682 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC04697 by Spencer, on Flickr

How does your buddy like his greenlane bumper? I've just ordered the same one, should be in in November/December. I have their skids and bed rack on now, overall happy with them.

How does your buddy like his greenlane bumper? I've just ordered the same one, should be in in November/December. I have their skids and bed rack on now, overall happy with them.
He loves it from what he's told me! He traveled all through USA / PNW / Western Canada too with that setup, (with his RTT etc.) it's awesome!!

He loves it from what he's told me! He traveled all through USA / PNW / Western Canada too with that setup, (with his RTT etc.) it's awesome!!

Awesome. I'm running a really similar build with the 2.5 Adjustable Elkas and Falken Wildpeaks as well, it's a fantastic setup. We're just out in Canmore and frequent a lot of the same trails as you guys, hope to see you out there!

Awesome. I'm running a really similar build with the 2.5 Adjustable Elkas and Falken Wildpeaks as well, it's a fantastic setup. We're just out in Canmore and frequent a lot of the same trails as you guys, hope to see you out there!
That sounds wicked dude, very nice!! What's your instagram @?

Hey Spencer love your build thread man. Thanks for taking the time. I'm learning a lot. BTW your truck is looking amazing! Good job.

Hey Spencer love your build thread man. Thanks for taking the time. I'm learning a lot. BTW your truck is looking amazing! Good job.

Hey man thank you I'm really glad to hear that!! Slow n steady but it's coming together nicely!

So last weekend I finally had a chance to really test the limits of the Tacoma (well, not really, but still my first time out in this level of trail). It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed it. Managed to get the Tacoma stuck a few times, this one was pretty fun. It looks waaay worse than it actually was though (just because of all the mud spraying up haha!)

Pretty easy to pull out, just need a little tug and we were on our way again..

Some clips from the day out...
[video=youtube;v4aNqJdOFO8]
]Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aNqJdOFO8&t=[/video]

Shortly after the part where we were stuck, I was coming around a sharper corner and the rear wheel had lifted slightly, as I came down I landed ontop of a chunk of ice that was seemingly indestructible. It left a small 2" dent on the lower rocker, can't even see it unless you really crouch down. After some back and forth deciding if I wanted to fix I figured I'd just do a little touch up paint on the spot and then leave it. I'll be covering it soon anyways with sliders.

DSC05370 by Spencer, on Flickr

DSC05383 by Spencer, on Flickr

I was also out there shooting some work for a company called MORRFlate. I'm really happy about this one because it's starting to feel like this could become a full-time type of thing someday, doing photo and video work for companies, etc.!
Here's a few shots and a video I put together.

[video=youtube;l_0-M3E34bY]
]Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0-M3E34bY&t=[/video]

A few more recent shots by [MENTION=340725]The[/MENTION]CarCreative (www.instagram.com/thecarcreative)
DSC05405 by Spencer, on Flickr

50563592197_75d0ec4ce4_z.jpg

My RTT also arrived!!

Picked up some sequential turn signals for the mirrors. Install was the easiest I've done so far, only took about 5 minutes each side! Very happy with them and how they now match the headlights turn signals!!

If you've got a few minutes to check out the video I did and leave a comment, I would be very thankful!

[video=youtube;4-1Qp9-VCU0]
]Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1Qp9-VCU0&t=[/video]

We also had an awesome day out in Banff this past weekend too driving the Tacoma! I'm reminded especially on highway drives into the mountains how much I enjoy this truck. Just feels so solid cruising through the mountains and pulling over to check out the views.

DSC05547 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC05473 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC05538 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC05511 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

DSC05549 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Back