• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SOLVED - Mystery Part - Rear Panel

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
It's been a mystery to me and I haven't gotten an answer. They showed up when I ripped my entire interior out. I can't tell if they are from the truck or if they were part of some packaging with a bunch of parts I received. Either the rear panel behind the seats or from inside the door trim. Have you ever seen them? I think there was 2.

PXL_20210505_062402456.NIGHT.jpg

Solution
Hey.. so this is an OEM piece. I just had it fall off of the panel behind the passenger rear while it was out for my audio install. Now to figure out how to reattach it.

Here's a pic of where it goes.
I've taken most of my interior apart and have never seen anything like that. Doesn't look like an OEM part.

Upvote 0
I want to know what this is and I feel like I have some in my bolt bin… but really I have no clue. 🤷

Upvote 0
I've taken most of my interior apart and have never seen anything like that. Doesn't look like an OEM part.

Everything down to the bare metal? I swear they showed up in a pile of hardware when I was taking everything out.

I want to know what this is and I feel like I have some in my bolt bin… but really I have no clue. 🤷

Might just be from packaging. Something large that could puncture a cardboard box, so they put it on the edges and wrapped it. It's a dense rubber.

Upvote 0
Everything down to the bare metal? I swear they showed up in a pile of hardware when I was taking everything out.

Might just be from packaging. Something large that could puncture a cardboard box, so they put it on the edges and wrapped it. It's a dense rubber.
Yup for sound deadening. Definitely looks like it's not from the truck. Most OE stuff would have a part number on it as well.

Upvote 0
Yup for sound deadening. Definitely looks like it's not from the truck. Most OE stuff would have a part number on it as well.

Challenge accepted!
Similar "part". That's a place holder or spacer. Ever take off your side view mirrors? The holes where the bolts are? There are those black circle stickers. No part numbers on those. I'm not wrong...

Upvote 0
Challenge accepted!
Similar "part". That's a place holder or spacer. Ever take off your side view mirrors? The holes where the bolts are? There are those black circle stickers. No part numbers on those. I'm not wrong...
Yes. And 🤦‍♂️

Upvote 0
Hey.. so this is an OEM piece. I just had it fall off of the panel behind the passenger rear while it was out for my audio install. Now to figure out how to reattach it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230311_235708916.jpg
    PXL_20230311_235708916.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
Solution

F'IN MVP BRO!

You solved a long mystery. Wonder if it's lined up to this residue. Double sided tape? Maybe my sound deadening job remedied what it was put there for. Wonder if I threw it out now. They sat around for like 2 years. But then I went to clean up the garage.

1678582863606.png

Upvote 0
It looks like there are provisions for 2 to be next to each other back there. This one had a round circle embossed under it so it came from the inner-most one, but maybe there were 2 at some point. I don't see another in the garage or remember seeing a second but that's definitely where they come from. For now I sprayed it with headliner adhesive and it seems like it's going to hold. Hopefully never have to fill these out again so I won't have to find out.

Upvote 0
It looks like there are provisions for 2 to be next to each other back there. This one had a round circle embossed under it so it came from the inner-most one, but maybe there were 2 at some point. I don't see another in the garage or remember seeing a second but that's definitely where they come from. For now I sprayed it with headliner adhesive and it seems like it's going to hold. Hopefully never have to fill these out again so I won't have to find out.
Wonder what held it on there. I need to go back and see if I can find where mine went.

Upvote 0
Back