• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sokiet Tech NO drill hood struts

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Anyone install the Sokiet Tech ... NO drill hood struts (2016- 2021 Tacoma’s..?
Looks easy to install and eBay under $60.00?
Aloha

I’ve heard mixed reviews, but mostly good. Some worry about bending the hood because it wasn’t designed to be closed under resistance. I’ve never seen or heard of that actually happening though.

My opinion: Full send man.

@nickyreno we made it.
step brothers.png

@Lava road
I have them installed with no issues so far. They really come in handy if you spend any amount of time under the hood. They also will lift the hood higher when opening.
install here --
Original link: https://youtu.be/Bko0mA21PMI

Yep, over a year and no issues. I wonder how many of the drill and screw/rivet type are starting to rust.

Yep, over a year and no issues. I wonder how many of the drill and screw/rivet type are starting to rust.
I went with Redline. After drilling, you dab it with some paint. Touch up pen. Whatever. Some clear. Then it dry. Rivet. All good.

Same here for Spiker. Dab of paint, good to go. I think the drill/rivet sit better and look better. But that's my opinion.

Hey y'all new taco owner just got my truck last week, does anyone know if there's a difference between regular or carbon fiber struts by Sokietech Shock Spring Strut?

Maybe you should call Sokietech .Please let’s know you thoughts? After contacting them?
Carbon is lighter weight? For those racers with fiber glass hoods ? Not sure if carbon fiber will be better?

Amazon had a few negatives reviews of those Sokietech struts, more were positive. Search for more infos about this brand in Tacoma world. Use the search engine?

Why Tacoma did not use gas struts? Simple Toyota going cheap! If you have a great product , why go cheap?
Just saw a survey Tacoma truck sales is dropping. Nissan Frontiers, Rangers, and the others brands offers more for the money? But Toyota reputation as a indestructible truck still lives?
Aloha

Back