• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

#Softshelltaco Unite (Softopper Thread)

951_yota

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Loving my softopper. Its almost 100% waterproof even in heavy downpours or pressure washing, there around $500 used, its removable in 5 minutes, and it looks tactical lol. I just couldnt commit to a perminant #hardshelltaco as much as I love their looks with a full Prinsu on the rig. I use mine to store my work gear and baby stroller. Its very convienant to leave stuff back there and its out of sight out of mind if I wanna run into a store. I switched from a Bakflip Tonneau cover cause I needed more storage height.

7C468B5A-9A18-4BAF-8FE6-7C1F901DA28F.jpeg

Last edited:
@951_yota, if you find another one for that price let me know, I am very interested in getting a softopper.

I will for sure. Check Craigslist and offerup. Got mine in Orange County and guy had it off his truck and installed on mine in less then 20 min. There awesome. If you find it for that price dont pass. I passed on one for cheaper from a good guy and regretted it when I paid 100$ more for mine a week later.

Back