• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Snowball build... At a glaciers pace!

Relic

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCLB Auto
White
This is more of a personalization build than a off road build. Never bought the Taco for off-roading. I use it for, well truck stuff, hauling various items where a 6 foot box is needed. 4wd for me is a definite need. Mostly because of steep hills on poorly plowed winter roads. I live partway up a hill, and there has been numerous 2wd trucks parked in my driveway because that's as far as they can get!

This thread is just showing what I am doing to a blank canvas (aka SR) to personalize it the way I want.

It's gonna be slow and not much in ways of mechanical improvements. Maybe small lift to level in distant future.

Here's "Snowball" on the day I picked her up last week.
20200507_142457.jpg

First thing I did when I got home was remove dealer sticker from tailgate.
It's a tailgate, not advertising billboard.

A few days after that... Air dam comes off. Yeah, it does look better without it.
IMG_20200514_145318.jpg

I like your style. Starting with an sr and doing what you want! That’s why I went sr5

look forward to the progress!

Started underdoating with Fluid Film. Sprayed two cans underneath yesterday. Picked up 3 more.

We deal with road salt for about 6 months and I live right next to salt water.

Also, I work on a ferry. Sometimes we have to travel to another area and we take our vehicles with us. Deck is open at top and in rough weather we get spray coming over. Watching seawater rain down on your rig is real fun...o_O

Last edited:
Installed 4 metal cleats from a tundra. Much better than the plastic stock ones.

IMG_20200528_184209.jpg

Free too... So price was perfect

Started underdoating with Fluid Film. Sprayed two cans underneath yesterday. Picked up 3 more.

We deal with road salt for about 6 months and I live right next to salt water.

Also, I work on a ferry. Sometimes we have to travel to another area and we take our vehicles with us. Deck is open at top and in rough weather we get spray coming over. Watching seawater rain down on your rig is real fun...o_O
Fluid film rocks! First thing I'm doing once i pick mine up this week. Putting on a lift at work and coating it. Quebec uses road salt like it's going out of style so we are prone to rust and I want it lasting a lifetime. Looking forward to seeing the customizing. Love the black lettering on the tailgate

Back