• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sold Smittybilt Overlander roof top tent + KB Voodoo low profile cross bars

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I am selling my Smittybilt Overlander RTT in the standard size. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KCFKPX0/?tag=tacoma3g-20

I'm selling because I am upgrading to a full camper shell. We did love the tent and I have always recommended it as a cheaper roof top tent with no real drawbacks. I did damage the underside of it as seen in the photos, though this does not compromise the structure or weatherproofing at all - it is cosmetic. Besides that, everything is in good condition - nothing ripped, zippers working, original accessories still in their bags, and the rain cover is all there and like-new. If you don't need the KB Voodoo cross bars for mounting, I can take those off the tent for you. Some of the paint on the bars has chipped off as seen in the photos.

I am located in New York and am willing to deliver the tent myself to most East Coast locations, depending on the distance.

I am asking $550 for the tent and bars for T3G members.

Attachments

• 4353D9FB-EF69-412D-BABF-48DE7E7DD366.jpeg
    4353D9FB-EF69-412D-BABF-48DE7E7DD366.jpeg
    806.3 KB · Views: 336
  • 29ABFCAE-D95D-4073-8386-3D4FAFD7D492.jpeg
    29ABFCAE-D95D-4073-8386-3D4FAFD7D492.jpeg
    706.7 KB · Views: 705
  • 773A95CD-9024-4E77-B53B-48AE17541CA4.jpeg
    773A95CD-9024-4E77-B53B-48AE17541CA4.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 4D755FBF-8078-4877-8D93-EAE05BDC4A42.jpeg
    4D755FBF-8078-4877-8D93-EAE05BDC4A42.jpeg
    803.2 KB · Views: 171
  • C51527F2-D62F-439C-B44C-018C3E91ED0D.jpeg
    C51527F2-D62F-439C-B44C-018C3E91ED0D.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 173
Oof if you were closer I’d buy it! Dang good deal!
I can either meet halfway or come all the way to you if we worked something out for the gas.

I didn't do the math but I'm not sure at which point the cost of gas isn't worth the lower price of the tent.

I can either meet halfway or come all the way to you if we worked something out for the gas.

I didn't do the math but I'm not sure at which point the cost of gas isn't worth the lower price of the tent.

Yeah the gas vs saving on the tent wouldn’t be that much different. Quite a bit of a haul away from you. It should sell fast for you though, that’s a good deal no matter what.

I mean if you still have it when you start your adventures and come through the area, I’d be glad to take it off your hands!

Yeah the gas vs saving on the tent wouldn’t be that much different. Quite a bit of a haul away from you. It should sell fast for you though, that’s a good deal no matter what.

I mean if you still have it when you start your adventures and come through the area, I’d be glad to take it off your hands!
I think it would normally sell fast expect for 1) the damage on the bottom and 2) the East Coast is not nearly as poppin' as the West for people in our hobby. We'll see!

Getting my Tacoma in May but man I wish I had it now so I could scoop this up. I'm in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area if you're ever coming through and want someone to show you around!

Getting my Tacoma in May but man I wish I had it now so I could scoop this up. I'm in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area if you're ever coming through and want someone to show you around!
I might still have it in May. Who knows.

I think it would normally sell fast expect for 1) the damage on the bottom and 2) the East Coast is not nearly as poppin' as the West for people in our hobby. We'll see!
3) It's the holidays any extra money is spent else where. I'd buy it after the holidays but I don't have my bed rack yet and you'll have it sold by then... Free bump for a mod though lol

Tyler, just came across this thread, what are you going to do for a tent? upgrade?

Tyler, just came across this thread, what are you going to do for a tent? upgrade?
Check out my build thread for the story. https://tacoma3g.com/ww/

I ordered a Four Wheel Camper that will deliver in March. Then I’ll be living out of it for around 3 years while I travel the continent.

Back