• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Simple Mods that won’t void my warranty

Mugga-Rich

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey guys... first post. My only question is what mods can I do that won’t void any warranties. I have a brand new 2019 TRD Off Road 4x4. Looking for simple stuff to start out seeing as though most cash went into getting the actual truck. Thanks in Advance

Welcome!

There is a lot of simple mods you can do that won’t void your warranty. Even though voiding your warranty is far more in depth than putting a few mods on the truck.

Lighting upgrades
Grille (even though some have had issues with sensor recall, just have to work with the right dealership)
Roof rack
Bed covers
Ac drain mod (a must)
Etc

There is tons of info on this forum, if you can’t find it feel free to ask all the questions you have. I’m sure others will chime in to give you more info about easy mods.

AC drain mod. I’d like to know more about that. I’ll do some searching

It’s very easy, don’t even have to take the wheel off. If you have questions or cannot find it I’ll post a detail instruction how to do it.

AC drain mod. I’d like to know more about that. I’ll do some searching

My first addition was rock sliders from rci. Just brought it to the dealership for an oil change and all the people said how much they loved them. Then I did a tonneau cover. Just recently I did A Caliraised behind the grill light bar and ditch lights. The some amber led grill lights that fit the stock off-road grill. After everyone’s advise i got some total chaos bed stiffeners that are at home waiting for me to put them in. Next is some kbvoodo bed cross bars and a rtt. All simple things that really make a difference in the look and shouldn’t void any warranty’s

My first addition was rock sliders from rci. Just brought it to the dealership for an oil change and all the people said how much they loved them. Then I did a tonneau cover. Just recently I did A Caliraised behind the grill light bar and ditch lights. The some amber led grill lights that fit the stock off-road grill. After everyone’s advise i got some total chaos bed stiffeners that are at home waiting for me to put them in. Next is some kbvoodo bed cross bars and a rtt. All simple things that really make a difference in the look and shouldn’t void any warranty’s
Oh man I almost forgot my favorite one. Meso gashole. Just bought a meso key fob yesterday too.

New here. Will new suspension void warranties?
I just Talked to my dealer about seeing if they could instal a poplock or if Toyota made one and the lady said she’s never seen one done there. I then asked about warranty and she specifically said it should be fine because it’s not some crazy lift and they would have to prove that the lock caused an issue. So I would Say suspension would void some specific parts warranty that is directly related to the suspension. I’m all about keeping the warranty as I bought The platinum extended warranty as well.

A Meso Gashole??

It’s just a holder for the gas cap so it’s not dangling when you fill up.
I think these are really cool, BUT it's solving a problem that doesn't actually exist... The little Z shaped bend in the wire fits right into the gas cap flap closing prong and hangs perfectly. Easy one handed move.

I think these are really cool, BUT it's solving a problem that doesn't actually exist... The little Z shaped bend in the wire fits right into the gas cap flap closing prong and hangs perfectly. Easy one handed move.
Yeah I just Saw a picture of that a couple days ago. Absolute genius idea lol

Last week I had an issue with my truck, low oil pressure, high automatic transmission fluid temp (truck had been parked and not running for 4 hours), rough idle, stale wouldn't rev past 1500 RPMs. Had it towed to the local dealership. They could not recreate the faults (not surprised). The tech created a case file with Toyota. Toyota said if it happens again I would have to put my truck back to stock before they could do any more diagnostics.

I asked if that meant my warranty was null and void. He told me no, just with this particular issue they want it back to stock to rule out that it wasn't my lighting upgrades, the Pro grill that doesn't come on the OR, even my Meso key fob.

Though these don't void the warrant you might want to hold onto old parts in case you have to jump through some hoops.

Back