• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Should I? Would you?

Huck89

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
Alright ladies and gents, I want to get your opinion on a setup I’m thinking of putting together. The raptor grille, amber raptor lighting for the hood scoop, and amber marking lights up top. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Attachments

• 77CB6E5E-389F-4F1A-A562-F20BABCA9618.png
    77CB6E5E-389F-4F1A-A562-F20BABCA9618.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 55
  • CDA735E5-48BB-48F4-B072-651669889434.png
    CDA735E5-48BB-48F4-B072-651669889434.png
    118 KB · Views: 48
  • A74587C7-A04A-44D5-967E-35DE90488203.png
    A74587C7-A04A-44D5-967E-35DE90488203.png
    132 KB · Views: 46
Personally, I think I’d only do the scoop. Almost everyone has the grille lights because yes, they do look cool. But I don’t see scoop lights much and you need the scoop in the first place to be able to do it, which you have now. I didn’t even know they made a roof version but they resemble the clearance lights that heavy duty trucks have, which might seem odd on a Taco? Or do you have a full picture of that roof thing on a Taco?

Personally, I think I’d only do the scoop. Almost everyone has the grille lights because yes, they do look cool. But I don’t see scoop lights much and you need the scoop in the first place to be able to do it, which you have now. I didn’t even know they made a roof version but they resemble the clearance lights that heavy duty trucks have, which might seem odd on a Taco? Or do you have a full picture of that roof thing on a Taco?
That’s true. I don’t think I've seen many, if any, with scoop lights other than online. And unfortunately I don’t have a full picture of the roof marker lights. I found that item on real truck.com and is says it fits my 2019 Tacoma, but there’s only a few pictures of some Ram’s and F-150’s. It’s hard to conceptualize if it would work well on the Tacos or not because they do look good so maybe that’s what’s skewing my opinion, it may look terrible on the Yota’s.

Just not your style?
None of it. I don't care for the open-mouth grilles and I hate raptor lights lol. They don't do anything but make it look like a Ford and I can't imagine why anyone would want to look unreliable af lol. The roof lighting can look clean as part of a rack but by itself it's just an eyesore. If you got it all body worked and shaved into the roof it could be clean but just a random lighting setup on the roof is not my thing. Would need lots of aggressive supporting mods to pull it off either way.

Generally I know if want a part or not immediately. If I'm unsure about it it's probably not meant to be.

Back