• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Shoddy Paint Job?

Tshaw2009

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
I had the driver's door fixed and re-sprayed exactly two weeks ago. With that timeframe, I would think that the paint should be fully cured by now. I don't think any blending was done to the back door. It looks like they may have blended the door a little into the fender panel. Bottom line; Would you accept this kind of paint job and blend work or would you take it back to be corrected?
Repainted Angle.jpg

Repainted side.jpg

Thanks guys! If there are any painters or paint shops on here that would give their feedback, that would be great because a professional opinion would be extremely valuable if I have to take it back! I appreciate you guys.

I saw this on FB this morning. That does look a bit rough.
The Toyota dealership is going to fix it as repairing those dents and repainting the door was a condition of my purchase of the truck. Sadly, this was a Toyota dealership collision center that was responsible for this work.

I'd talk to them. Show them. Talk to the sale manager, general manager, district manager, owner of the dealership even.
Oh I did already. I told them that I am not taking the truck back until it looks like nothing had ever happened to the truck. They were more than accommodating and will complete the work free of charge as well as giving me a free loaner until the job is done.

Paint won’t completely cure for weeks.

Color shouldn’t change. Paint needs extended curing time so solvents can exit the system.

I would definitely take that back. Make the hour drive and I'll recommend you a place. He's getting ready to finish up my buddies TRD PRO Tundra in Cement. He's in Republic. 👋 from Ozark.

I would definitely take that back. Make the hour drive and I'll recommend you a place. He's getting ready to finish up my buddies TRD PRO Tundra in Cement. He's in Republic. 👋 from Ozark.
I would totally do that except this was a condition of my purchase of the truck at Joe Machen Toyota in Columbia so they are doing all of this free of charge. I told them that I wouldn't take the truck back until it matches perfectly.

I would totally do that except this was a condition of my purchase of the truck at Joe Machen Toyota in Columbia so they are doing all of this free of charge. I told them that I wouldn't take the truck back until it matches perfectly.
That's the best course of action for sure. They'll make it right, and that's quite the drive for some body work. Is there not a good shop in Leb who could of done the work?

Edit: just read the other responses. Good luck to you!

Back