• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Shipping Cost to ..Hawaii & Alaska?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Lucky for all of you living on the continent of USA…. Every time time I order parts for my 2019 TRD Tacoma….the shipping cost is huge..
Yesterday I was about to place a order for a rear 1 inch lift blocks with U-bolts ( cannot say who) …parts where $124.00 …calculate the shipping , came out to $65.00 from East coast to Hawaii ..note does not matter west to east coast..shipping to Hawaii is expensive..

Even the local Hawaii Auto parts stores..have to pay the huge shipping cost ..past on to us… So far I estimate I paid over $800.00 +. for shipping cost..on my skid plates ,rock sliders, ditch lights,lift kit, everything

I try to order from Amazon prime…it is limited and the real heavy stuffs always have a shipping cost..

Here is how Costco keep there stores prices the same at every store in America…(except local stuffs)….from New York , to Alaska,Hawaii and the whole USA ,every town…majority of its goods will be the same cost! .. the toilet papers ,water, just about everything they carry…
Here is how they do I it! They combine every store shipping cost divide it up by 50 states ..so they will be able to sell each product everywhere at the same price! What you pay in California will be the same prices in New York and Hawaii…
By the way ..the number one Costco in the USA in (daily sales) is on the island of Oahu, next is our Kona Costco on the Big Island of Hawaii ...
The number one & two Costco in the world is in South Korea, both do approx 1-2 million dollars in sales per day…( before the pandemic)..

I wish more business will follow Costco’s shipping principles?
Aloha, Yes…We get to pay more….lol….?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just buy from places that offer free shipping? Pretty sure Hawaii is included. Some places were charging a crap ton in shipping even for me in PA. So I went the free shipping route. Was just cheaper to pay a little more somewhere and not have to pay shipping.

Most companies ..do not offer priority mail…they find it easier working with FedX or UPS…because they pick up at there locations…. I think usps does it too.. ?
I think it is easier to deal with one delivery service?
Aloha

For big heavy stuff like sliders and bumpers I searched around until I found a local shop where I could pick up those parts from. If there isn't a local fabricator on the Big Island then there really should be. With the number of Tacos there they would make a killing and own the market!

Most companies ..do not offer priority mail…they find it easier working with FedX or UPS…because they pick up at there locations…. I think usps does it too.. ?
I think it is easier to deal with one delivery service?
Aloha
You could always try to request it. Some places will work with you.
If they charge to ship, they'll charge high no matter what carrier.

Just go with free shipping every time. They're just charging shipping to try and make some more money. A lot of things are dropshipped from the manufacturers anyway.

Back