• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Serious Audio Setup

chasepittman

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
Magnetic Gray
Instagram: chasepittman
NC

Memphis Car Audio
Build was done for pure personal enjoyment of a clean, and super loud sound system. i previously owned an suv which i could fit more/bigger subs into, but with the tacoma space is limited, so i filled some of my empty space with a super quality system.
  • Memphis Audio Mojo pro 6 1/2s with tweeters and crossovers, Front and back Doors. (custom mounted tweeters in back doors)
  • Memphis Audio VIV700.1 on Door Speakers (Highs and Mids)
  • Audio Control LC7i (for factory head unit with aftermarket Speakers)
  • Memphis Audio Bass Reference (2) 10s
  • Memphis Audio VIV1100.1 on sub-woofers
  • Stinger Sound Deadening (RoadKill)
  • All wiring done with memphis connection
    IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    audiocontrol.jpg
    IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG

Need more photos of the set up! Where are the amps and lc7i mounted? Let's see those tweeters in the rear doors!

Been meaning to get more photos!! But your reply inspired me to get some despite all the dog hair (husky owner life) but here’s how my amps are set up! And my tweeters too

Below Driver seat :
- 4 channel amp for door speakers
- Audio control LC7i

Below Passanger seat:
-subwoofer amp

Tweeters took a special application, but as you can tell they are flush mounted into my doors.

Again, Thanks for the reply!! (Kinda wanna make a YouTube video on this too??)

D0DC7313-DA93-4CB3-9D19-BA38E7CC2EAC.jpeg
7524EFE3-25B2-4DBE-BD22-E9D349B62833.jpeg
185059BE-24CF-4AFE-90A1-F0C7F39CA2F2.jpeg
D345B71C-BA16-4DFD-8D93-D51A704AC33B.jpeg
F07882AC-572C-4C13-A3DB-3A28AC3D1C26.jpeg

Those looks like some serious tweets

Looks like a sweet setup. I wouldn’t mind a better sound system in mine.

It’s nice to be able to open up the doors and let it Blair at the spot! Whether it be fishing spot, camp spot, or sometimes you just gotta open em up in the parking lot ???

It’s nice to be able to open up the doors and let it Blair at the spot! Whether it be fishing spot, camp spot, or sometimes you just gotta open em up in the parking lot ???
I know what you mean. I can’t enjoy my music if it isn’t about to blow my ears out.

I'm a little late to the party but if you are still around I'd love to chew your ear on your awesome setup.

I'm not well versed in the art of car audio so forgive me if any of my questions come across as challenging your decisions.

1. Curious how much was the total cost?
2. Why did you choose the components you chose?
3. What was involved in your decision to put the rear door tweeters in the location you did as opposed to up higher on the door, say
aft of the door handle for instance.
4. Is the sound one of clarity, articulation and good sound staging? Or is it just loud and proud? Both are good but suite different
listening preferences. Is your bass response tight or booming?
5. Does your system sound better on a certain genre(s) over others?
6. Is there anything you would do differently that may produce a higher quality result?

Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to answer my questions.

Back